Who are the UCCE Master Gardeners?
Master Gardeners are community members who have been trained under the direction of the University of California Cooperative Extension. They extend their knowledge through helping our community answering questions about gardening, weed/pest identification, planting timing and much more.
How We Serve our Communities
- Free Public Classes: We offer classes on a variety of topics throughout the year. Master Gardeners are available to answer your questions during breaks and after class. See the class schedule in your county (Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Lake Tahoe Basin or Tuolumne) for more information.
- Weekly articles: Local newspapers publish a weekly Master Gardener column. Read previous articles in our online archives
- (Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Lake Tahoe Basin or Tuolumne).
- Information Booths at Local Events: Master Gardeners staff information booths and give demonstrations at various community events. Look for us at your county fairs, various Farmers Markets, Earth Day Events, Farm Day, and more.
- Speaking events: We offer radio shows such as (insert Debbie’s) and Master Gardener minute KVGC, speakers for events, garden clubs and social media.
- Demonstration Gardens: We offer demonstration gardens, open garden days, tours, classes and field trips so community members can learn hands-on about landscape and gardening (Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Lake Tahoe Basin or Tuolumne).