Farm AdvisorCooperative Extension Kern County
1031 South Mount Vernon Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93307
M.S. Rangeland Ecology and Management, University of Idaho, Moscow. 2011
B.S. Animal Science, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. 2003
SpecialtyAnimal Science and Rangeland Ecology and Management
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Animal Commodities and Products - General
- Beef Cattle / Beef / Other Cattle Prod
- Animals and Their Systems
- Communication, Education, and Information Delivery
- Management of Range Resources
- Sustainable Natural Ecosystems
- Finzel, J.A.; Baldwin, R. (2015). Wild Pig Pest Note. UCANR.
- Finzel, J.A.; Wright, S.D. (2014). Brush Control Trial on Mountain Rangelands in Southeastern Sierra Nevada, California. Western Society of Weed Science 2014 Progress Report.: 8.
- Finzel, J.A.; Seyfried, M.S. (2012). "Indirect Measurement of Leaf Area Index in Sagebrush-Steppe Rangelands." Rangeland Ecology and Management 65(2): 208-212.
- Finzel, J.A. (2014). Kern State's Top Sheep, Wool Producing County. The Kern Business Journal.
- Finzel, J.A.; Horney, M.R. (2013). Cal-Pac Section Range and Natural Resources Youth Camp Curriculum: Modifications and Challenges.
- Finzel, J.A. (2012). Some Plants as Deadly as they are Beautiful. Bakersfield Californian.
California Agriculture Article Contributions
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Ecological Restoration - Member
- Livestock Production Systems - Member
- Rangeland Watershed Program - Member
- Weed - Member
- Wildlife - Member