7863 Central Ave
Highland, CA 92346
San Diego County
Specialtyinvasive plants, weeds, native plant restoration, vegetation management, sensitive species management, habitat restoration, restoration planning, environmental education
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Natural Resources and Commodities
- Plants and Their Systems
- Basic Plant Biology
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Alternative Uses of Land
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
Allen, E.B.; McDonald, C.J.; Hilbig, B.E. (2019) Long-term prospects for restoration of coastal sage scrub: Invasive species, nitrogen deposition, and novel ecosystems. In: Narog, M. (Tech. Coord.) Proceedings of the chaparral restoration workshop, California. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-265. Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station: 1-18, 91 pp.
- McDonald, C.J.; Hilbig, B.; Swanson, A.; Valliere, J. (2016). Hold the Mustard: Field Guide to the Mustards of the Mojave Desert. UCANR Publication 3458. UC ANR. 60.
- Hedrick, P.W and C.J. McDonald (2020). Stinknet, A New Invasive Non-native Plant in the South-western United States. Desert Plants. Boyce Thompson Arboretum. 36:1, 5-16. December.
- McDonald, Christopher (2018). Management and Eradication of Volutaria. Proceedings California Native Plant Society.
- McDonald, C.J. (2018). Management and Eradication of Volutaria. Symposium Proceedings, California Native Plant Society. February.
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). A New Weed in Anza Borrego Threatens Wildflower Bloom. Anza Valley Outlook (Newspaper).
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). A New Weed in Borrego: Threats and Opportunities for Eradication. The Anza Borrego Foundation Online Newsletter. http://theabf.org/new-weed-anza-borrego
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). A New Weed, Spreading in Borrego Springs. Borrego Sun Newspaper.
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). Management of Medusahead in Southern California with an emphasis on eradication. Symposium Proceedings California Invasive Plant Society. October.
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). Management of Volutaria and stopping its spread in Southern California. Symposium Proceedings California Invasive Plant Society. October.
- Robison, R; Matthews, . P.; Harris, C.J. McDonald : F. (2017). Partnership Aims to Eradicate Volutaria tubuliflora. Newsletter of the California Invasive Plant Society. 25:1.
- McDonald, C.J. (2016). Native Plants for Your Wildlife Friendly Backyard. Chuparosa, the Newsletter of the Desert Horticulture Society.
- McDonald, C.J.; Blecker, L. (2016). Updates to California DPR Personal Protective Equipment: Eyewear and Gloves. California Invasive Plant Council Newsletter. Cal-IPC. October.
- McDonald, C.J. (2016). Water, Shelter and Food for Wildlife Friendly Backyards. Chuparosa, the Newsletter of the Desert Horticulture Society.
- McDonald, C.J. (2016). Wildlife Friendly Backyards. Chuparosa Newsletter. Desert Horticultural Society.
- Engel, Megan; Williams, Kimberly; McDonald, Christopher; Beyers, Jan (2015). Chaparral shrub re-establishment on type-converted slopes in Southern California. Proceedings 99th Annual Ecological Society of America Meeting. August.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). Early detection and rapid response (EDRR). Wildflowers Newsletter. April.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). How to Stop the Spread of Volutaria, Best Management Practices. Flyer.
- Williams, K. (2015). Minimizing effort in restoring chaparral shrubs on type-converted slopes. Williams, K., J. Beyers, M. Engel and C. McDonald. August.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). Volutaria a New and Highly Invasive Plant in Borrego Springs. Flyer.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). Volutaria in Borrego Springs. Sand Paper. Anza Borrego Natural History Association.
- McDonald, C.J. (2014). Germinating first: A summary on root growth and competition. Wildflowers Newsletter. December.
- McDonald, C.J. (2014). What is Cooperative Extension? Wildflowers Newsletter. May.
- McDonald, C.J. (2013). Finding an efficient method of controlling Sahara mustard. Wildflowers Newsletter. November.
- McDonald, C.J. (2013). Measuring the effectiveness of four herbicides at controlling Sahara mustard. Wildflowers Newsletter. November.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Building Partnerships with Native American Communities - Chair
- California Naturalist - Member
- Desert - Member
- Weed - Member