DirectorANR Desert Research & Extension Center
1004 Holton Road
Holtville, CA 92250
Ph.D. Water Resources Engineering, Mississippi State University. 2007
MS Water Resources Engineering, University of Puerto Rico. 2004
B.S. Agricultural Engineering, Universidad Nacional de Colombia. 1997
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Soil and Land
- Soil and Land - General
- Soil and Land - Other
- Watersheds and River Basins
- Watersheds and River Basins - General
- River Basins
- Watersheds and River Basins - Other
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Drainage and Irrigation Systems and Facilities
- Geographic Information Systems
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Responding To Climate Change
- Research and Extension Centers
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- 1. Diaz, Jairo; Soto, Roberto; Geisseler, Daniel; Bornhorst, Gail; Donis-Gonzalez, Irwin (2017). Evaluation of Water Management Techniques and Fertilizer Rates in Onion Production in California’s Low Desert Region. Imperial County Agricultural Briefs. December.
- Wills, Stacey; Collins, Stephanie; Diaz, Jairo (2017). Imperial Valley Outdoor Wildlife Learning Site (IVOWLS). July.
- Diaz, Jairo; Soto, Roberto; Geisseler, Daniel; Bornhorst, Gail; Donis-Gonzalez, Irwin (2017). Manejo del Riego y Nitrogeno en Cebolla en el Desierto de California. Imperial County Agricultural Briefs. December.
- Bachie, Oli; Devkota, Pratap; Diaz, Jairo (2017). Preliminary Results of Imperial Valley Growers Needs Assessment Survey. Imperial County Agricultural Briefs. September.
- Bean, Travis; Bachie, Oli; Diaz, Jairo (2016). Integrated Weed Management in California’s Desert Melons: Evaluation of Split Herbicide Applications and Plastic Mulch for Weed Control and Crop Injury Under Drip and Furrow Irrigation in Melon-Sudangrass Rotations. December. Project Report, California Melon Research Board