Horticulture and Small Farms Advisor, Placer and Nevada Counties, EmeritusUC Cooperative Extension Placer and Nevada Counties
11477 E Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
M.S. International Ag Development, specialization Veg Crops & Agroforestry, UC Davis. 1993
B.A. Geography and Russian, Dartmouth College. 1979
SpecialtyCommercial Horticultural Production
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Fruit and Nut Crop
- Wine Grapes
- Citrus - General
- Deciduous Tree Fruits
- Vegetable Crops
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Product Quality and Utility (Preharvest)
- Plant Management Systems
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Economics, Markets, and Policy
- Economics of Agricultural Production and Farm Management
- Business Management, Finance, and Taxation
- Marketing and Distribution Practices
- Community Resource Planning and Development
- Urban Agriculture/Local and Regional Food Systems
- Fake, C.; Bonk, R.; Ferguson, L.; Wang, F. (In Press). 2023. Effects of mulching on soil properties and environmental stress in Satsuma mandarins. Acta Horticulturae. Mersin, Turkey. XIV International Citrus Congress.
- Macon, D.; Fake, C.; Ingram, R. (2020). Producer-to-Producer Business School: The Importance of Peer Networks in Ranch and Farm Business Planning. Western Economics Forum. Western Agricultural Economics Association. 18:2.
- Fake, C.; Ferguson, L.; Bonk, R.M.; Wang, F. (2021). Impacts of Mulch on Fruit Drop and Water Use in Mandarin Production. HortScience Supplement - 2021 ASHS Annual Conference. American Society for Horticultural Science. 56:9.
- Fake, C.; Bonk, R.M. (2021). Mulching Trials in Mandarins Saved Water. Progressive Crop Consultant. http://progressivecrop.com/2021/02/mulching-trials-in-mandarins-saved-water/. 2021:2.
- Fake, C.; Ferguson, L.; and Bonk, R.M. (2020). Foothill Mandarin Orchards Benefit from Mulch. Citrograph. 11:1.
- Fake, C.; Bonk, R.M. (2020). Harvest and Post-Harvest Handling of Satsuma Mandarins. UCCE Placer/Nevada Publication. 31-016C.
- Fake, Cindy (2019). Getting Started as a Small-Scale Commercial Grower. UCCE Placer and Nevada Counties. 31-093C.
- Bonk, R.M.; Fake, C. (2019). Observations on Mandarin Mulching Research. Foothill Farming Blog, UCCE Placer/Nevada. https://ucanr.edu/sites/placernevadasmallfarms/?blogpost=30653&blogasset=21700. June 27, 2019.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Floriculture and Nursery - Member
- Integrated Grape Production - Member
- Pest Management in ANR - Member
- Small Farm - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member