The University invites comments on proposed modifications to the Presidential Policy on Copyright Ownership, which updates the 1992 Copyright Policy. Given the significant copyright landscape changes over the years, it has become clear that the time for a policy update is now. Aside from streamlining the language, the policy also includes updates in the following areas:
- Expands eligibility to own copyrights. The definition of “Academic Authors” in the revised policy expands the pool of those eligible to own copyright.
- Expands and clarifies the pool of works eligible for copyright ownership. The policy provides a definition of “Scholarly &...
In preparation for UCPath, a new version of the time reporting system (TRS) will be deployed in early September for August monthly timesheets.
- Monthly paid employees will use the new TRS to report August vacation and sick leave
- Wait until Monday, Sept. 9, to log into TRS (trs.ucdavis.edu) to enter your August leave usage
- Submit your August timesheet by Friday, Sept. 13
- Supervisors approve by Tuesday, Sept 17, 10 a.m.
If monthly paid employees submit their time before Sept. 9 in the old TRS, the timesheet WILL NOT be saved or processed!
Bi-weekly timesheets will process as normal during this time. Send questions to
Are you an...
- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
As mandated costs continue to outpace available funds, UC ANR is taking action to ensure financial prudence while continuing to devote our limited resources to our priorities. These include the approved systemwide merit program and the two UC ANR equity programs designed to improve the competitiveness of salaries for academics and staff, among other goals. Funding to plan programming targeted at achieving intended outcomes and impacts is also of high priority. Please see related programmatic funding updates below.
Program Team funding
- For FY 2019-20, UC ANR is providing funding for Program Team meetings, during which related Workgroups can also meet. These meetings provide the opportunity to...
The Office of the President invites comments on a proposed revised Presidential Policy on Native American Cultural Affiliation and Repatriation (“Revised Policy”).
The Policy revises the existing Policy and Procedures on Curation and Repatriation of Human Remains and Cultural Items (“Current Policy”). It pertains to the treatment and repatriation of Native American and Native Hawaiian human remains and cultural items under the University's stewardship and the University's compliance with the federal Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (“NAGPRA”). This Policy was developed by a workgroup established by Provost Brown, the Cultural Affiliation and Repatriation Policy Advisory....