- Over the past two weeks, several County Public Health Officers have recommended all persons wear masks indoors, especially in situations where the vaccination...
Dear UC ANR Community,
Once again we are facing the challenges wrought by multiple wildfires around the state. Sadly, at least one of our UC ANR colleagues has already lost their home to wildfire, while others have had to evacuate to safety, wondering if their homes will be standing when they return. Still others are sheltering family and friends who have had to evacuate. Power outages and poor air quality add to the stress, as do increasing case numbers of COVID and the changing health safety protocols.
We would like to remind you of resources that are available to help the UC ANR community weather this time of crisis.
- Supervisors are...
- Author: Linda Forbes
Out of State Work and Travel Guidelines
UC ANR prides itself on being a collaborative, community-focused organization with a mission to improve the lives of Californians throughout the state. To serve that mission, it is critical that we continue to be considerate of when and how we work outside of the state. To ensure we are prioritizing our communities and the health and safety of individuals, we have updated the Out of State Work and Travel Guidelines:
Out of State Work
Employees may temporarily relocate out of state to work in limited situations where the remote work would not impact the duties of the position, and/or...
I am extremely pleased to announce the following 10 UC Cooperative Extension positions are released for recruitment:
- #11 Plant Pathology Area Advisor, Santa Cruz County
- #13 Soils and Irrigation Advisor, Kern County
- #15 Urban Agriculture/Small Farms Area Advisor, San Bernardino County
- #27 Community Nutrition & Innovative Technologies Specialist, UC Davis
- #31 Forest and Fuels Management Specialist, UC Berkeley
- #37 Subtropical Crops Pathology Specialist, UC Riverside
- #45 Diversified Agricultural Systems Area Advisor, Lake County
- #55 Forestry and Natural Resources Area Advisor, Sutter-Yuba counties
- #59 4-H Youth Development, San...
After an extensive consultation period, UC's final policy regarding required COVID-19 vaccinations has been approved. For the safety and well-being of the entire university community, the policy will require, with few exceptions, that all students, academic employees and staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before August 15, 2021.
The policy allows for limited exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy. Contact Dave Ritz (