Register for Nov. 16 SNE and EIPD Joint SI Conference
Registration is now open for the Joint Strategic Initiatives Conference for Sustainable and Natural Resources (SNE) and Endemic & Invasive Pests & Diseases (EIPD) on Nov. 16 at UC Davis Conference Center.
The conference will provide an opportunity for colleagues to learn about the projects, programs, and research efforts happening throughout the Division that are at the intersection of pest management and natural resources. Proposed presentations and discussions will include:
- Wildlife management
- Invasive plants in rangelands and forests
- Impacts of pests on fire vulnerability
I am pleased to announce that John Harper has agreed to lead the Sustainable Natural Ecosystems Strategic Initiative for a two–year appointment. As the SNE initiative leader, John will serve on Program Council.
John has been a UC Cooperative Extension advisor specializing in livestock and natural resources for 23 years in Mendocino and Lake counties. His research covers sheep and goat production, range cattle production, rangeland, watershed, water quality and computer applications. As an advisor, he has worked with fellow UCCE advisors, specialists and Agricultural Experiment Station scientists on several research and education projects. He served as UCCE director for Mendocino County for 13 years, and also oversaw UCCE...
ANR is seeking a leader for the Sustainable Natural Ecosystems Strategic Initiative. In this role, the individual will provide leadership for the initiative including:
- working with the initiative panel members in revisiting and revising the Sustainable Natural Ecosystems (SNE) Initiative’s strategic plan
- shepherding the ANR Competitive Grants process
- planning and conducting Strategic Initiative Conferences
- identifying and initiating SNE projects such as development of policy briefs, special projects, etc.
All of these efforts are done in concert with the other strategic initiative leaders and with support from ANR units such as Program Planning and Evaluation and the...
Registration is now open for the program team meetings being held Oct. 9 and 10 at International House at UC Berkeley.
The Forest & Rangeland Systems and Meat Production & Food Safety program teams plan to meet. There will be discussions about programs and positions in natural resources and animal sciences.
Speakers will include
- Daniel Mountjoy, director of restoration on private lands, Sustainable Conservation
- Kelli McCune, project manager, Sustainable Conservation
- Mark Nechodom, conservation director, California Department of Conservation
At the October gathering, ANR...