- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
It is with mixed emotions that we share news of our departures from UC ANR. Our decisions were arrived at independently, but given how closely we have worked with each other, we wish to share our news together.
I, Vice Provost Mark Bell, will be taking on new challenges at the end of June after five years with UC ANR and 15 years, total, with UC. I will return to the international work I am so passionate about and where the needs remain so great – particularly with the recent pandemic and ongoing conflicts. While departing as a UC ANR employee, I hope to engage my colleagues from UC ANR and across UC whenever possible. I thank my many wonderful UC ANR and other colleagues for making...
The 2018 CE Position Call process to develop and submit proposals ends tomorrow. The proposals are posted on the call web page: http://ucanr.edu/2018callforpositions. Internal stakeholders across the ANR network and external stakeholders were engaged, throughout the seven-month process, in the development of these proposals.
- Phase 1 – UCCE county directors and REC directors submitted 20 CE advisor position proposals and the executive associate deans, working with campus departments, submitted 20 CE specialist position proposals.
- Phase 2 – Program Teams reviewed the 40 phase 1 proposals and submitted...
The UCCE county directors and REC directors have submitted 20 CE advisor position proposals and the executive associate deans, working with campus departments, have submitted 20 CE specialist position proposals. Both groups engaged program teams, statewide programs/institutes, and external stakeholders in the development of these proposals. All 40 phase 1 proposals are posted on the 2018 Call for Position web page: http://ucanr.edu/2018callforpositions.
Phase 2 is underway:
- Program teams are reviewing the 40 phase 1 proposals to determine if there are any positions they feel are of higher priority.
- If so, each program team...
UC ANR's final, revised public value statements are now posted. These short and compelling statements articulate the value of our work. They can be used by everyone in UC ANR to help others understand our work, garner support for our work, and help us focus our work on impact.
The public value statements are brief descriptions that include the issues, how we address them, and the value of our work to program participants and the public in general. The recently identified condition changes are referenced, but not all listed given these are intended to be brief. As a reminder, condition changes...
The 2018 Call for Cooperative Extension (CE) positions was released on Feb. 7 with the aim to identify positions that address programmatic gaps and emerging needs. The call, including the new process flowchart and timeline, criteria, proposal template and interactive academic footprint maps are posted at http://ucanr.edu/2018callforpositions.
Here's a quick update:
- CE Advisor position proposals – The county directors and REC directors have narrowed their list of proposed CE advisor positions to 27. They have discussed these with program team leaders and statewide program/institute directors. Through ongoing two-way...