Where: Lundberg Family Farms, 5311 Midway, Richvale, CA
When: Friday, March 22
1. 9:45 – Refreshment & Registration
2. 10:00 - Welcome & Organic Rice Production - Jessica Lundberg, LFF
3. 10:15 – Cover Crops in Annual Rotations - Sarah Light, UCCE Agronomy Advisor
4. 10:30 - Fava bean Cover Crop in Ricelands - Dr. Jinguo Hu, ARS Pullman, Genetic Resources
5. 10:45- Selection of Warm & Cool Season Cover Crops - Margaret Smither-Kopperl, PMC
6. 11:00 - Cover Crops in Orchards- Rory Crowley, Nicolaus Nut Company, Inc.
7. 11:15 - Walking to the Field Trial
8. 11:30 - Students Research Spotlight, Fava bean Benefits Potentials – Aaron Alvarez, Amanda Cox, Chloe Dugger, Miriam Pacheco
9. 11:45 – Fava bean Nitrogen Fixation, Dr. Zakeri, CSUChico
10. 12:00- Adjourn and Questions
- Author: Luis Espino
Join UCCE, representatives from Local Groundwater Sustainability Agencies and DWR, for a regional forum to discuss how local agencies are progressing in the implementation of SGMA.
Date: April 5, 2019
Time: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Place: Rolling Hills Event Center - Carlino Room, 2655 Everett Freeman Way, Corning, CA 96021
Cost: $10/person, includes lunch
Register online: http://cetehama.ucanr.edu or fill out the resgistration form in the attached program below.