Staff Appreciation and Recognition (STAR) Awards
STAR Award Program
The STAR Award Program provides an opportunity to recognize and reward outstanding staff individual and/or team performance within Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Eligibility: The STAR cash award program is available to policy-covered career, contract or limited PSS and MSP employees, as well as exclusively represented employees in the Clerical Unit (CX). Members of other exclusively-represented bargaining units, academics, and members of the Senior Management Group are not eligible to receive cash awards under the STAR program.
Program Criteria: Under the STAR program, managers can nominate employees for exceptional performance and/or significant contributions related to and supportive of individual, departmental, divisional, and/or organizational goals and objectives. Managers may nominate individuals and teams demonstrating:
- Exceptional performance: Demonstrated and sustained exceptional performance that consistently exceeds goals and work expectations in quantity and/or quality.
- Creativity: One-time innovation or creation that results in time/dollar savings, revenue enhancement, and productivity improvement; and/or ongoing innovative/creative activities that benefit organizational systems, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Organizational abilities: Exhibiting extraordinary skills in leadership resulting in the accomplishment of significant departmental or divisional goals and objectives; effective project management, which could include developing a project and/or implementing a project with substantial success; and/or demonstrating organizational capability leading to a greater level of effectiveness.
- Work success: Significantly exceeding productivity, customer service, quality of care or similar goals, including demonstrating superior interactions with managers, peers, supervisors, subordinates, the University community, and/or clients and customers served.
- Teamwork: For team awards, the following criteria, plus the criterion above, will be considered. Acting as an exceptionally effective and cooperative team member or team leader for a team that has significantly exceeded the goals/objectives of the department/unit.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Nominations should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by April 5, 2019.
Nominators are responsible for documenting the approval of each nominee’s supervisor as part of the application submission. PDF copy of email approval from the supervisor(s) will be accepted.
April - May 2019: Review committee reviews applications and recommends individuals and teams to be awarded. The Vice President of ANR has final authority to approve STAR awards.
May 2019: Unit directors and award winners are notified of the final decisions.
June 18, 2019: STAR Awards celebrated during ANR recognition event at Second Street building in Davis.
Questions regarding the ANR STAR Plan should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.