Posts Tagged: UCPath
Go paperless today: Here's how
On UCPath, select Employee Actions > Income and Taxes. From there, go to:
Complete the necessary security checks and follow the steps to enroll. The links above lead to detailed instructions, available after you sign into Sharepoint.
Make sure you sign up before Jan. 1, 2023, to receive your 2022 1095-C electronically and before Jan. 13, 2023, to receive your 2022 W-2 statement electronically.
Three great reasons to go paperless
Going paperless is safe and convenient — and it can even save you money. Here are three great reasons to update your preferences today:
- Convenient and secure: Your tax forms and paycheck can't get lost in the mail, stolen or misplaced.
- Ready when you are: Your tax forms are easy to access as soon as you're ready to file your taxes, and your money is in your account as soon as you get paid.
- An opportunity to save: Many banks offer incentives for using direct deposit.
Protect your data
To access your electronic 1095-C and W-2 statements, always go directly to UCPath using a safe, known link.
UC does not send tax statements to employees by email or text. If you receive an email or text that has a link or an attachment for viewing your tax forms, it is a phishing scam designed to gain your private information. Do not open any attachments or click on any email links that claim to give you access to your tax forms.
Have questions or need help?
Please visit UCPath and click on “Ask UCPath Center” to submit an inquiry. You may also call the UCPath Center at 855?982?7284 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (PDT) Monday–Friday and speak with an associate.
Starting Wednesday, Dec. 9, at 10 p.m. to Monday, Dec. 14 at 6 a.m., the UCPath system will be unavailable to all UC employees during the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cutover.
During this outage, you will not have access to the UCPath system including applicants to UC ANR jobs, but UCPath Center phone access will be available as normal: 855-982-7284 (Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
UCPath outage begins: Wednesday, Dec. 9, 10 p.m.
Resume time: Monday, Dec. 14, 6 a.m.
The UCPath Center staff continues to work remotely with new phone hardware and software to support calls from employees, location administrators, former employees, vendors and third parties.
UCPath phone service information:
- UCPath phone number: 855-982-7284
- Business hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday starting July 27, excluding UC holidays
- Callers will be asked to authenticate with their eight-digit date of birth and last four digits of their social security number
- To ensure UCPath addresses employee questions or issues, callers must inform the UCPath associate if they are calling about an open inquiry
UC ANR contact information
In urgent cases where employees may not get ahold of UCPath or are not sure how to proceed, please contact:
As you begin holiday celebrations and look forward to the new year, the UCPath Center has some important year-end and new-year reminders to share. Please read closely and mark your calendar for upcoming deadlines.
2020 payroll notices
- Employees paid monthly will receive payment for December 2019 earnings on January 2, 2020. View the 2020 monthly payroll calendar.
- Employees paid biweekly will receive the first paycheck of 2020 on January 8. View the 2020 biweekly payroll calendar.
New year, new benefit enrollments
It is important to make sure that the benefits you enrolled in during Open Enrollment are reflected correctly in your paycheck. Here's a checklist to compare against.
The following table illustrates the coverage begin date for Open Enrollment changes and the paycheck on which new benefit rates take effect.
Open Enrollment Coverage Begin Date
Paycheck Deduction begin date
*2020 Disability premiums for January and Flexible Spending Account contributions deduct from the 1/8/2020 paycheck for bi-weekly employees.
** 2020 Flexible Spending Account contributions deduct from the 1/2/2020 paycheck for monthly employees. 2020 Disability premiums for January deduct from the 2/1/2020 paycheck for monthly employees.
Jan. 18, 2020: Tax information deadline
The UCPath Center will begin processing W-2s in late January. In order to ensure that the information on your W-2 is complete, accurate and reaches you, please take the following steps by January 18.
- Verify your home mailing and personal email address in UCPath online. Even if you plan to opt for a digital W-2, it's important that UC can reach you.
- Verify your dependents. UC needs the social security numbers of your spouse/domestic partner and any dependents. To review and update, log into UCPath online and go to Employee Actions > Health and Welfare > Dependent Coverage.
- International workers: Verify your GLACIER account information. International persons receiving UC wages may receive either a W-2 or 1042-S. Verify that your email and home mailing addresses match exactly in UCPath online and in the GLACIER database to ensure that your tax information is sent correctly. You can also opt for an electronic 1042-S through GLACIER.
W-2s for the 2019 tax year
For the 2019 tax year, UCANR employees will receive two W-2 statements:
- W-2 statement from AYSO will cover your January – September 2019 paychecks.
- W-2 statement from UCPath will cover your October - December 2019 paychecks.
- If your first paycheck was after September 30, 2019, you will only receive one W-2 from UCPath.
- Opt-in to receive your W-2 electronically. It's easy, safe and convenient! Sign up today at UCPath online and click on Employee Actions >Income and Taxes> Enroll to Receive Online W-2.
- Box C of the 1095 Affordable Care Act form will display the UCPath address as your employer.
Federal and State Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- All W-2 notifications include IRS Notice 797, alerting you that you may be eligible for the federal EITC, a benefit for working people with low to moderate income. To qualify, you must meet certain requirements and file a tax return, even if you do not owe any tax or are not required to file. The federal EITC reduces the amount of tax you owe and may give you a refund. For more information, visit the IRS website or contact the IRS at (800) 829-3676.
- Similarly, you may be eligible for the California EITC. To claim this credit, you must file a CA income tax return, and complete and attach the CA EITC form (FTB 3514). For more information visit the Franchise Tax Board website or call (800) 852-5711.
Claiming exemption from withholding
The IRS requires you to complete a new W-4 form each year if you are claiming exemption from tax withholding. If you wish to claim exemption from withholding in 2020, you must make this choice on UCPath online before Feb. 15, 2020.
Have questions or need help?
Please visit UCPath and click on “Ask UCPath Center” to submit an inquiry. You can also speak with an associate by calling the UCPath Center at (855) 982-7284 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
UC ANR's implementation of the UCPath payroll and HR system has gone smoothly since our launch on Sept. 27. More than 1,000 ANR employees received their first paychecks accurately and on schedule on Oct. 1 and 2.
Approximately 12 ANR employees noticed their medical plan coverage was dropped during the cutover. In these cases, the Beehive support team worked closely with the UCPath Center in Riverside to review and resolve the issues and ensure that the employees were able to access their medical providers.
We strongly encourage you to log in to the UCPath portal and click on the "Review Benefits" link to check your coverage. If there appears to be a problem with your medical, dental or vision plans, please contact the UC ANR Beehive immediately.
- Phone: (888) 585-7084
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first time you log in to UCPath at ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu:
- You'll be prompted to set up five security questions. The security questions help verify your identity and prevent unauthorized access or changes to your financial, health benefits and personal information.
- You'll be asked to complete a questionnaire. This voluntary questionnaire allows you to self-identify veteran and disability status, race, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation. You can “decline to state” for any question, though this information provides important data about UC employee diversity and informs UC's efforts to create an inclusive environment.
Learn more at ucpath.ucanr.edu.