Interim Associate Vice President
Deanne Meyer is interim director of the Research and Extension Center System & interim associate director of Cooperative Extension and the Agricultural Experiment Station. She is responsible for guiding all ANR academic programs at the statewide level and is chair of the ANR Program Council.
Meyer also serves as the statewide program leader for county-based Cooperative Extension programs in every county and oversees the research and extension centers located around the state.
Meyer has been a Cooperative Extension Specialist with UC ANR and UC Davis for nearly 30 years. She has been an active leader in workgroups and program teams and served as Environmental Stewardship module coordinator for the California Dairy Quality Assurance Program, a public-private partnership. For the last 5.5 years she was the Sustainable Food Systems Strategic Initiative Leader and served on Program Council. More recently she served the Department of Animal Science as a Vice Chair.
Prior to working at UC, Meyer served as the Dairy Specialist at North Dakota State University.
Title: Interim Associate Vice President, CE Specialist
Specialty: Livestock waste management
2801 Second Street
Davis, CA 95618
Phone: (530) 752-9391
Read and subscribe to Interim Associate Vice President Deanne Meyer's blog. http://ucanr.edu/ANRAdventures.
Meyer's areas of responsibility include:
- Academic personnel
- Affirmative action
- California Water Institute of Water Resources - Doug Parker
- Nutrition Policy Institute - Lorrene Ritchie
- Organic Agriculture Institute - Houston Wilson
- Program Planning and Evaluation - Katherine Webb-Martinez
- Program Support Unit - Sherry Cooper
- Statewide Program and REC Operations - Joni Rippee
- Research and Extension Centers
- Statewide Programs
- Agricultural Issues Center
- Integrated Pest Management
- Master Gardener Program
- Office of Pesticide Information and Coordination
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Youth, Families and Communities Program
The director of the Research and Extension Center System & Associate Director of Cooperative Extension and the Agricultural Experiment Station advances Divisionwide program priorities through the deployment of resources and the application of criteria for advancement of academic personnel. The position reports directly to the UC ANR vice president.