Social Media FAQs


Here's a list of frequently asked questions by social media users on UC ANR channels.


What is UC ANR?

UC Agriculture and Natural Resources (UCANR) connects the power of UC research in agriculture, natural resources, nutrition, and youth development with local communities to improve the lives of all Californians. 

Visit our website to learn more!


Are you a UC Campus?

No, we are not a campus but are part of the University of California. Our statewide programs focus research and extension on solving priority problems that engage ANR academics and UC faculty in integrated teams to work on complex issues that need transdisciplinary approaches.


Is UC ANR on social media?

Yes! Find us on Instagram, X, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube at @UCANR. We are also now on TikTok as @uc_anr!  For a complete list of statewide program social media accounts, visit


How can I enroll my child in 4-H?

To learn more about ways your child can participate in 4-H, refer to this website:


Where is my nearest 4-H office?

To find your nearest 4-H office, use this website and enter your county or sign up for 4-H newsletters:


How can I be involved with 4-H?

If you want to volunteer or become a mentor for 4-H youth, check out this website:


What programs does 4-H offer?

 4-H offers programs in STEM & Agriculture, Healthy Living, and Civic Engagement. For more information, visit this website:


How can I find my local UC Master Gardener group?

Thank you for your interest in the UC Master Gardener Program! Programs are based in your local UC Cooperative Extension office. To find your local Master Gardener Program, enter your county here:


How do I become a UC Master Gardener?

To become a UC Master Gardener volunteer, visit this website: Opportunities may differ based on your county.

I have a gardening question; where can I ask for help?

After finding your local county’s UC Master Gardener website here:, locate the contact section where you can email specific gardening questions.


Do you have resources for Spanish speakers?

Yes, we do! Check out UC ANR Espanol here:  


I have a question about food preservation; where can I ask for help?

Fill out this form with specific questions for the UC Master Food Preservers: or visit


I’m struggling with pests; where can I look for help?

Check out UC IPM’s website: They categorize pests by location and provide details on how to manage them.


How do I become a certified UC California Naturalist or UC Climate Steward?

To become a certified UC California Naturalist or UC Climate Steward, you must enroll in a 40+ hour course with one of our course partners. Refer to this website to find your local organization and course information: