Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
"Search engine optimization" is setting up your website and its content in a manner that is search-friendly -- so that Google and other search engines will recognize your site and list it in their search results.
There are numerous resources available to help you understand and apply search engine optimization techniques:
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
There's also a helpful blog post on Alexa.com, among countless other resources you will find if you search for this topic.