Like us on Facebook!
University of California
11477 E Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
Eat & Play Together! Family-Centered Series
Eat & Play Together! is a family-centered nutrition and fitness curriculum for 6-8 year olds and significant adults in the children's lives. Participants become aware of how healthy snacks and fun physical activity contribute to overall health. Child-adult pairs, known as buddies, participate in all activities as a team. Participants are fully engaged in the lessons through hands-on nutrition activities, making healthy fruit and vegetable snacks, and participating in fun games and activities that promote physical activity.
- Participants will increase their consumption of fruits and vegetables for snacks
- Participants will drink water between meals and during physical activity
- Participants will discover fun ways to be physically active
- Participants will work as child-adult buddies to incorporate healthy habits into their daily lives
- Participants will set goals for eating healthier snacks and being physically active
- Lesson 1: What Does Your Plate Look Like?
- Lesson 2: Beverages, No Added Sugar Required
- Lesson 3: Snacks, Make Them Healthy
- Lesson 4: Grains - Get Up and Go!
- Create and eat a healthy fruit or vegetable snack.
- Set goals based on eating smart and playing hard.
- Create and use materials for fun games and activities that promote physical activity.
- Receive an Eat Smart Recipe, Play Hard Activity and Summary of Knowledge Center handout