Like us on Facebook!
University of California
11477 E Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
Eating on a Budget
There are many ways to save money on the foods that you eat. Below are tips on how you can stretch your food dollar.
Before you shop, plan your meals for the week. Check to see what foods you already have and make a list. Use this Grocery List Template and Grocery Meal Planner to help you plan healthy meals for your family.
For more meal planning tips, please see these resources:
Using coupons and looking for the best price are great ways to save money at the grocery store. Knowing how to find them is the first step to cutting costs on food. Use the MyPlate coupon tips to stretch your budget.
To learn more about saving money at the grocery store, please see these resources:
Eating on a budget does not mean food shouldn't taste good. Check out these cookbooks for healthy, delicious, and low-cost recipes.
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Meeting Your MyPlate Goals on a Budget Cookbook
- Flavors of My Kitchen (English)
- Flavors of My Kitchen (Spanish)
- Healthy, Tasty, Affordable Latin Cooking Cookbook (English)
- Healthy, Tasty, Affordable Latin Cooking Cookbook (Spanish)
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart. Recipes by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Chop Chop Seasoned Newsletter
- Chop Chop Seasoned Magazine