Visit Our Demonstration Garden
Welcome to the Garden of the Seven Sisters!
The Garden of the Seven Sisters is an outdoor classroom used to provide science-based horticultural education to our community of home gardeners. It is located next to the San Luis Obispo County offices at:
2156 Sierra Way
San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401
- No pets are allowed; service animals only
- Rain cancels
- For information on scheduling a private tour for your group or organization, call or email our helpline: (805) 781-5939 or send an email: email@example.com.
It is divided into more than 20 plots, each with a different theme providing a host of ideas that can be applied to your home garden, including:
- Water retention plot demonstrates how to capture water in a rain barrel system, use it to water your non-edible landscape plants.
- Turf alternative plot that contains a variety of plants and different mowing and irrigation practices.
- Other garden plots include our composting system, fruit and nut orchard, kitchen garden, cactus and succulent plot, wild life habitat, and a children’s garden.
Funding for the development and maintenance of of the garden comes from private donors, Pacific Gas and Electric Company and the San Luis Obispo County Community Fire Safe Council. The garden has also received generous donations of soils and amendments from Kellogg Garden Products, Inc. and Farm Supply.