Endemic and Invasive Pests and Diseases
- Keeping invasive pests and pathogens out of California
- New problems with existing pests and diseases
- Integrated management
Public Value: The EIPD SI helps build our state economy, protect our natural resources, builds capacity of our people and communities and helps ensure we have safe food and drinking water.
Our Strategic Initiatives help unify, communicate and advocate for the work we do.
The EIPD SI panel support the EIPD work by bringing a broad spectrum of expertise and practice and help identify emerging issues such as:
- Emerging pests (e.g., Citrus Greening)
- The public understanding the role of science in safe and effective pest management (e.g., urban and household pesticide use relative to use on other systems)
- Pursuing new technologies for existing pests (e.g., breeding for powdery mildew)
See UC Delivers for examples of impact in EIPD.
UC ANR members can share the impact of their work - it's easy. Click here to find out how.
Rapid Expansion of hybridized tumbleweed - Check out this amusing video
See funding opportunities listed with UC ANR Contracts & Grants
See Opportunity & Matching grants (small grants to help with urgent time-sensitive needs)
It was a "Science of a Day" at the UC Davis Bohart Museum of Entomology open house last Saturday afternoon, Jan. 18. For three hours, six UC Davis...
It's often easier to prevent pests before they become a problem than to try and get rid of them once they infest a home. While some pests can be...
How do monarch butterflies know when to migrate? Take the case of a male monarch reared, released and tagged by Steven Johnson in a Washington State...