Healthy Families and Communities
- Food Literacy and Healthy Lifestyles
- Scientific literacy (youth and adult)
- Positive youth development
Public Value: The HFC SI helps build our state economy, building the capacity and health of our people and communities.
Our Strategic Initiatives help unify, communicate and advocate for the work we do. Here's how the pieces fit together.
The HFC SI panel support this work by bringing a broad spectrum of expertise and practice to help identify key emerging issues. HFC emerging issues include:
- Chronic disease and food insecurity across the lifespan of all Californians
- Delivery of high-quality positive youth development in all communities
- Rising social, economic and health inequality
- Access to science education and professional learning opportunities
See UC Delivers for examples of impact in HFC.
UC ANR members can share the impact of their work - it's easy. Click here to find out how.
See funding opportunities listed with UC ANR Contracts & Grants
See Opportunity & Matching grants (small grants to help with urgent time-sensitive needs)
Field research in agricultural and natural resource science has been ongoing at UCANR Research and Extension Centers for over 70 years, making an...
As California strives to recover from the pandemic-induced economic slump, Keith Taylor is taking an unconventional approach to economic...
As the Beckwourth Complex Fire and Dixie Fire spread in Plumas and Lassen counties, Ryan Tompkins reminded residents of ways they could help...