Healthy Families and Communities
- Food Literacy and Healthy Lifestyles
- Scientific literacy (youth and adult)
- Positive youth development
Public Value: The HFC SI helps build our state economy, building the capacity and health of our people and communities.
Our Strategic Initiatives help unify, communicate and advocate for the work we do. Here's how the pieces fit together.
The HFC SI panel support this work by bringing a broad spectrum of expertise and practice to help identify key emerging issues. HFC emerging issues include:
- Chronic disease and food insecurity across the lifespan of all Californians
- Delivery of high-quality positive youth development in all communities
- Rising social, economic and health inequality
- Access to science education and professional learning opportunities
See UC Delivers for examples of impact in HFC.
UC ANR members can share the impact of their work - it's easy. Click here to find out how.
See funding opportunities listed with UC ANR Contracts & Grants
See Opportunity & Matching grants (small grants to help with urgent time-sensitive needs)
Improved soil health, increased profitability, and reduced spread of wildfire are among the many benefits that arise from keeping livestock on the...
Every three years, we look forward to connecting UC Master Gardener volunteers, staff, academics, and friends to network, learn, and share their...
Edna BlackhurstTulare and Kings Countieselblackhurst@ucanr.edu Edna Blackhurst has been with UCCE Tulare for more than 25 years. As the office...