3800 Cornucopia Way
Modesto, CA 95358
San Joaquin County
Prior to joining UCCE, Anthony studied soil fertility of rice cropping systems at the University of Arkansas where he evaluated nitrogen soil testing, nitrogen use efficiency, and greenhouse gas emissions in the mid-South. Anthony is most recently coming from The Ohio State University where, as a postdoctoral researcher, he focused on soil health testing and nutrient management practices for corn, soybeans, and wheat grown in Ohio. Anthony’s research has been focused on identifying rapid and affordable soil health measurements to better predict organic nitrogen supply to plants. Anthony has actively engaged the grower and extension communities by leading demonstrations and discussions at soil health workshops. During his academic career, Anthony has worked closely with growers and extension educators to conduct research on nutrient management and soil health.
SpecialtySoil Health, Nutrient Management, Soil Fertility/Testing
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Field Crops - General
- Grains - General
- Corn, Field
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Closing the Loop: Sustainable Waste Management in Agriculture
- Fulford, Anthony; Clark, Nick; Meyer, Deanne; Hollingsworth, Joy; Pexton, Joyce; Heguy, Jennifer (2022). Nutrient Composition of Compost Bedded Pack and Vacuum Scraped Manure from Dairies in the San Joaquin Valley. California Dairy Sustainability Summit. April.
- Hollingsworth, Joy; Clark, Nick; Fulford, Anthony; Meyer, Deanne (2022). Nutrient content of anaerobic digester effluent. California Dairy Sustainability Summit. April.
- Clark, Nick; Meyer, Deanne; Hollingsworth, Joy; Fulford, Anthony; Pexton, Joyce (2022). Physical and chemical composition of settled sludge in a drained manure lagoon. California Dairy Sustainability Summit. April.
- Wang, Z.; Fulford, A.; Zavalloni, C. (2021). Influence of Compost Application Rates on Nitrogen Management and Processing Tomato Productivity and Quality. Proceedings of the American Society for Horticultural Science. August.
- Culman, S.; Mann, M.; Sharma, S.; Saeed, M.; Fulford, A. M.; Lindsey, L.; Brooker, A.; Dayton, E.; Warden, R.; Joern, B. (2020). Calibration of Mehlich-3 with Bray P1 and ammonium acetate in the tri-state region of Ohio, Indiana and Michigan. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 51, 86-97.
- Davidson, J.T.; Roberts, T.L.; Hardke, J.T.; Slaton, N.A.; Fulford, A.M. (2020). Comparison of soil sampling techniques for alkaline hydrolyzable-nitrogen on clay soils. Agrosystems, Geosciences and Environment. 3, 1-9.
- Dayton, E.; Shrestha, R.K.; Fulford, A.M.; Culman, S.; Lindsey, L.E. (2020). County-level analysis of soil test phosphorus and balance trends in Ohio. Agronomy Journal. 112, 1617-1624.
- Zone, PP.; Culman, S.W.; Haden, V.R.; Lindsey, L.E.; Fulford, A.M.; Zhao, K. (2020). Do soil test levels and fertilization with phosphorus and potassium impact field crop tissue concentrations? Agronomy Journal. 112, 3024-3036.
- Singh, H.; Sethi, S.; Kaushik, P.; Fulford, A. (2020). Grafting vegetables for mitigating environmental stresses under climate change: a review. Journal of Water and Climate Change. 11, 1784-1797.
- Fulford, A.M.; Roberts, T.L.; Norman, R.J.; Slaton, N.A.; Greub, C.E.; Davidson, J.T. (2019). Alkaline hydrolyzable-nitrogen of clayey soils reduces supplemental fertilizer nitrogen requirement of rice in Arkansas. Agronomy Journal. 111, 3363-3373.
- Fulford, A.M.; Culman, S.W. (2018). Over-fertilization does not build soil test phosphorus and potassium in Ohio. Agronomy Journal. 110:1, 56-65.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Dairy Quality Assurance - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Warm Season Vegetables - Member
- Weed - Member