- Author: Rachel Lloyd
The University of California invites comments on proposed revisions to Presidential Policy on BUS-43 Procurement Services: Purchases of Goods and Services; Supply Chain Management.
This policy was updated to include changes related to the new Regents Policy 5402 (Policy Generally Prohibiting Contracting for Services). The Regent Policy 5402 is posted here: https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/governance/policies/5402.html.
1) updating the definitions of procurement contract, purchase order, and purchase agreement in Section II: Definitions and
2) add language on when...
- Author: Rachel Lloyd
The University of California invites comments on proposed revisions to Presidential Policy on Protection of Human Subjects in Research.
This policy describes the responsibilities of the university, its campuses and researchers in protecting the rights and welfare of human subjects who participate in research at UC.
The policy includes the following key revisions:
- An explanation of the ethical principles that the university follows for human subjects research.
- A statement that the university's commitment to human subjects applies to all human subjects research in which the University is engaged, regardless of funding source or the institution that provided the IRB (Institutional...
- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University of California invites employee comments on a proposed revision to Presidential Policy Business and Finance Bulletin G-28: Travel Regulations. The proposed policy revision includes the following key issues:
- Incorporate Internal Audit Recommendation to include requirement for documentation to support business or first class travel.
- Incorporate Internal Audit Recommendation to include the need to document the business purpose of each day of travel.
- Addition of a new section within policy that addresses sustainable travel recommendations.
- Gender-neutral language
The proposed policy is posted at
The University invites comments on proposed modifications to the Presidential Policy on Copyright Ownership, which updates the 1992 Copyright Policy. Given the significant copyright landscape changes over the years, it has become clear that the time for a policy update is now. Aside from streamlining the language, the policy also includes updates in the following areas:
- Expands eligibility to own copyrights. The definition of “Academic Authors” in the revised policy expands the pool of those eligible to own copyright.
- Expands and clarifies the pool of works eligible for copyright ownership. The policy provides a definition of “Scholarly &...
The Office of the President invites comments on a proposed revised Presidential Policy on Native American Cultural Affiliation and Repatriation (“Revised Policy”).
The Policy revises the existing Policy and Procedures on Curation and Repatriation of Human Remains and Cultural Items (“Current Policy”). It pertains to the treatment and repatriation of Native American and Native Hawaiian human remains and cultural items under the University's stewardship and the University's compliance with the federal Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (“NAGPRA”). This Policy was developed by a workgroup established by Provost Brown, the Cultural Affiliation and Repatriation Policy Advisory....