The University invites comments on a proposed revision to Presidential Policy BFB-A-47: Direct Costing Procedures. The revised policy went through a technical review and revisions by the identified stakeholders: Campus' Costing Policy Directors, Managers and Analysts, the Extramural Fund Managers, and Campus Controllers. The technical revisions reflected the proposed changes: change in CAS policy regarding refunds and rebates on P-card purchases to the definition of Applicable Credits and removal of Appendix I.
The draft policy may be viewed at
- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University of California invites comments on proposed revisions to Sections 715 and 760 of the Academic Personnel Manual:
- APM - 715, Leaves of Absence/Family and Medical Leave
- APM - 760, Family Accommodations for Childbearing and Childrearing
Summarized below are the proposed key policy revisions that are being distributed for systemwide review:
- Proposed revisions are being made to APM - 715, Leaves of Absence/Family and Medical Leave, and APM - 760, Family Accommodations for Childbearing and Childrearing in order to reflect the increase in the paid family leave benefit from 70% to 100% of eligible earnings, with a proposed effective date of January 1,...
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed Presidential Policy on University of California Research Data. This is the second systemwide review for this policy. The first review of the Presidential Policy on the University of California Research Data and Tangible Research Materials was initiated on December 17, 2020, and closed April 7, 2021.
Ownership of research data by the UC Regents is a long-standing precept originally articulated in Regulation 4 (Academic Personnel Manual 020), where it states “Notebooks and other original records of the research are the property of the University.”...
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on proposed revisions to the Presidential Policy on Supplement to Military Pay. The proposed policy revisions include the following:
- Removal of all references to the four-year review provision.
- Additions/update of existing policy language including scope, definitions, benefits terminology, compliance/responsibility and procedures.
- Updated links and addition of gender neutral language throughout the policy.
For reference the draft policy can be found on UCNet. The...
- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University invites comments on proposed revisions to the following policy on conflict of commitment:
- APM - 025, Conflict of Commitment and Outside Activities of Faculty Members;
Summarized below are the proposed key policy revisions that are being distributed for systemwide review.
Key policy revisions
- Expand applicability of APM - 025 to cover designated other academic appointee titles. Ten designated other academic appointee titles have been identified that would be newly subject to designated prior approval and annual reporting requirements ofAPM - 025, if engaging in...