- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University of California invites employee comments on a proposed revision to Presidential Policy Business and Finance Bulletin G-28: Travel Regulations. The proposed policy revision includes the following key issues:
- Incorporate Internal Audit Recommendation to include requirement for documentation to support business or first class travel.
- Incorporate Internal Audit Recommendation to include the need to document the business purpose of each day of travel.
- Addition of a new section within policy that addresses sustainable travel recommendations.
- Gender-neutral language
The proposed policy is posted at
The University invites comments on proposed modifications to the Presidential Policy on Copyright Ownership, which updates the 1992 Copyright Policy. Given the significant copyright landscape changes over the years, it has become clear that the time for a policy update is now. Aside from streamlining the language, the policy also includes updates in the following areas:
- Expands eligibility to own copyrights. The definition of “Academic Authors” in the revised policy expands the pool of those eligible to own copyright.
- Expands and clarifies the pool of works eligible for copyright ownership. The policy provides a definition of “Scholarly &...
The Office of the President invites comments on a proposed revised Presidential Policy on Native American Cultural Affiliation and Repatriation (“Revised Policy”).
The Policy revises the existing Policy and Procedures on Curation and Repatriation of Human Remains and Cultural Items (“Current Policy”). It pertains to the treatment and repatriation of Native American and Native Hawaiian human remains and cultural items under the University's stewardship and the University's compliance with the federal Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (“NAGPRA”). This Policy was developed by a workgroup established by Provost Brown, the Cultural Affiliation and Repatriation Policy Advisory....
- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University invites comments on revised policy BFB-G-42 Gifts Presented to Non-employees on Behalf of the University.
BFB-G-42 was revised so that campuses can develop local practices regarding collection of data for tax reporting purposes from human subject participant to ensure confidentiality and their participation.
The policy proposal is posted at https://policy.ucop.edu/policy-changes/revised-bfb-g-42.pdf. Please provide your feedback through this link: https://policy.ucop.edu/policy-changes/policy-updates.html by no later than July...
The university invites comments on revised policy BFB-BUS-43 Purchases of Goods and Services; Supply Chain Management, which was changed to:
1) update the terminology relating to Procurement/Supply Chain Manager to Procurement/Supply Chain Director;
2) update the definitions relating to formal competitive bidding from issued publicly by UC to issued publicly by Campus Procurement or qualified entity (e.g. GPO);
3) update the definitions relating to informal competitive quotation by removing submitted in accordance with solicitation from the Procurement/Supply Chain Manager, Commodity Manager or Buyer;
4) update the definitions relating to Small Business Officer to include biannual federal e-SRS...