- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed Presidential Policy - Fee Policy for Graduate Student In Absentia Registration. The policy is proposed to be revised and includes the following key issues:
- The revisions to the policy language would permit Deans to establish “a local campus region within which in absentia registration will not be considered” instead of limiting eligibility to students studying outside of California.
The proposed policy is posted at
Employee comment: Classification of Gifts and Sponsored Awards
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed Presidential Policy on Classification of Gifts and Sponsored Awards.
The University has seen a significant increase in external support in the recent decade – especially from private foundations (including family foundations) and corporations. Though key concepts remain the same, the proposed policy provides greater clarity for properly classifying private support in contemporary circumstances. It also includes definitions, FAQs and a...
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed revision to Presidential Policy UC-PS-20-0489-BUS-43 Purchases of Goods and Services; Supply Chain Management. The proposed revision is to include the Small Business First Program.
The Small Business First Program is designed to address the following:
- Support existing policy for awarding 25% Economically and Socially Responsible (EaSR) spend annually to small and diverse-owned businesses (see UC Sustainable Practices Policy)
- Take advantage of California Public Contract Code Section...
The University of California Office of the President invites comments on a proposed Presidential Policy Business and Finance Bulletin IS-12 IT Recovery. The rewritten policy addresses the following key issues:
- Updated to reflect modern technology (i.e. CD-ROMS are removed, ransomware and cloud computing are addressed).
- Aligned with the current state of emergency planning at UC.
o Narrowed the scope to IT Recovery.
- Adopted the concept of “recovery level already adopted by UC Health and their academic Locations.” There are 5 recovery levels.
- Granted Location control to manage budget and risk. See the accompanying presentation. Key...
- Author: Rachel Lloyd
The University of California invites comments on proposed revisions to Presidential Policy on BUS-43 Procurement Services: Purchases of Goods and Services; Supply Chain Management.
This policy was updated to include changes related to the new Regents Policy 5402 (Policy Generally Prohibiting Contracting for Services). The Regent Policy 5402 is posted here: https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/governance/policies/5402.html.
1) updating the definitions of procurement contract, purchase order, and purchase agreement in Section II: Definitions and
2) add language on when...