- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
I am pleased to announce the new 2023-24 Call for UC Cooperative Extension (CE) Advisor and Specialist positions. Building on the more than 100 CE positions released over the last couple of years, we continue to prioritize growing our academic footprint to provide the expertise needed to improve the lives of all Californians and address emerging and future needs. We plan to release 20 new priority CE Advisor positions and 10 new priority CE Specialist positions.
There are several phases with the same timeline for CE Advisor and CE Specialist positions:
- Identifying priority positions/connecting interested groups – until Dec. 18, 2023
- Proposal co-creation and submission – by Feb. 19, 2024
- Program Council reviews and develops recommendations – March 2024
- UC ANR Vice President makes final decision and releases positions – May/June 2024
The processes for new CE Advisor and CE Specialist positions take a similar approach, but have different groups working together and submitting. As always, UC ANR strongly encourages engaging both internal and external stakeholders in identifying and developing proposals for priority positions. The process has been improved in response to feedback. The UC ANR Program Teams have an important role given they engage and represent the CE and AES (Agricultural Experiment Station) network including statewide programs and institutes.
- For CE Advisor positions, County Directors and the Research and Extension (REC) System will prioritize in their regional teams and work closely with UC ANR Program Teams.
- For CE Specialist positions, UC ANR Program Teams and the REC system will identity their top priority needs and campuses will select the position ideas that align with their academic planning. Working together, they will develop the proposals.
I look forward to seeing the proposals developed through this collaborative prioritization.