The Performance Process
The Performance Cycle is a comprehensive approach to staff supervision/coaching. Each of the following steps is vital to the overall success of both you as the supervisor/coach and your staff member(s)/team.
- Performance Planning: the creation of the position description and performance expectations/standards
- Performance Management: counseling and coaching through out the performance period
- Performance Appraisal: preparing for and conducting the formal review.
- Reward Process: determining actual merit awards based on performance
- Performance Followup: And following up with a review of the position description and re-evaluation of performance expectations/standards for the upcoming year
This process applies to both teams (a group of staff members assigned to work on and complete a project) as well as the individual staff member. The same guidelines for assigning, ensuring understanding, and providing follow-up of projects should be used with both the team and the individual staff member.
To see Why Performance Planning and Feedback is important click here.
Performance Appraisal Tools
Performance Management Webinar Resources
2017-18 Performance Appraisal Webinar - Employee Role (view recording)