The Central Sierra foothills is full of many different micro-climates as well as elevations, which lends to the many different varieties of orchard crops grown throughout the region.
University of California Web Resources
- California Agriculture, A quarterly peer-reviewed journal reporting research, reviews and news on California’s agricultural, natural and human resources.
- California Resource Soil Lab
- Cost and Return Studies
- Fruit and Nut Research & Information, Created to make UC research-based information publicly available to the agricultural growers in our communities.
- Post Harvest Center, We strive to provide relevant information to California growers, shippers, marketers, carriers, distributors, retailers, processors, and consumers of fresh horticultural crops.
- The California Backyard Orchard, An organized and user friendly format for accessing UC fact sheets and other UC publications relating to fruits and nuts grown in the backyard.
- UC Agriculture & Natural Resources Catalog, Agricultural information from the UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. From ants to zucchini, it has answers! Please use Promo Code PRTUM55 if ordering online. This will insure that your funds stay within the UCCE Central Sierra.
- UC Integrated Pest Management, (IPM) Full of useful information. Pest Management Guidelines for many crops, also Weather Data, Pesticide Safety, Invasive Weeds and Pest Notes. Develops and promotes the use of integrated and ecologically sound pest management programs in California.