Agritourism is a commercial enterprise at a working farm or ranch conducted for the enjoyment and education of visitors that generates supplemental income for the owner or operator.
Agritourism activities include…
- On-farm Direct Sales (U-pick, farm stands, dairy, wine, beer, farm products, etc.).
- Accommodations/Lodging (farm stays, guest ranch, B&Bs, camping, cabins, etc.).
- Entertainment/Special Events (harvest festivals, corn mazes, farm dinners, weddings, parties, etc.).
- Outdoor Recreation (picnicking, swimming, hunting, fishing, photography, horseback riding, snowmobiling, biking, etc.)
- Educational Activities (farm or ranch work experience, camps, classes, tours, tastings, demonstrations, petting zoos, etc).
This website includes:
- Resources for everyone involved in California Agritourism, including:
- Information about the Agritourism Program, including:
UC SAREP works with UC Cooperative Extension and ANR staff to provide resources for those involved in California agritourism. This website includes resources created by UC ANR advisors and staff, presentations and other materials shared by agritourism stakeholders and educators at UC ANR agritourism workshops, and links to resources created by other universities and organizations.
Agritourism Connections Blog
In 2016, Heather and Bryon Hadwick attended the Agritourism Intensive training, a signature course of the...
Many farmers and ranchers list marketing their agritourism operation as one of their biggest challenges. Groups that support agritourism in their...