- Strengthening California Local Food Networks with Agritourism and Direct Sales - This 3-year project (Oct. 2020 - Sept. 2023) provides resources and trainings for California farmers & ranches in adopting their agritourism operations during COVID and diversifying their revenue through agritourism and direct sales. There are 2 components to this project:
- Agritourism and Direct Sales: Best Practices in COVID Times and Beyond (webinar series) - a series of free virtual trainings in how to build capacity to sell direct to consumers and build an agritourism business. Trainings feature farmers and other experts covering a diversity of topics. View webinar recordings and presentations here.
- Regional Field Days - A series of 4 workshops will build in-depth, hands-on learning and increased collaboration by farmers and ranchers in 4 regions (Butte, Modoc, Solano, and Sonoma counties).
California Agriculture and Nature Tourism Directory
CalAgTour.org is a statewide directory of agritourism operations.
Farms and ranches: It's free to sign up online. List your activities and events to help visitors find you.
- Sign up for our email newsletter for everyone involved in California agritourism.
- Newsletter archives
- Our Facebook page - Agtour Connections
- Agritourism Intensive: Since 2011, the Agritourism Intensive training program has provided participants with a comprehensive understanding of the benefits and risks of diversifying through agritourism and has provided a supportive network to actively develop plans for the creation/expansion of agritourism businesses. Visit the Agritourism Intensive page for more information on future and past trainings.
- Growing California Agritourism Communities: Professional Development workshops and tools for agricultural and tourism professionals, government staff and officials and others who help farmers and ranchers develop and promote agritourism enterprises.
- Regional Agritourism Summits for everyone involved in California agritourism were held in February and March, 2017 in Davis, Petaluma, Riverside and Modesto.
- Lunchtime Webinar Series 2016 - Recordings from 5 webinars covering practical topics in agritourism.
- Mapping California Agritourism 2015 - maps created from multiple lists of agritourism operations and on-vineyard wineries.
- Guide for Agritourism Associations - November 2015: Marketing Regional Farms and Wineries; A Guide for California Agricultural Marketing Groups
- California Statewide Agritourism Summit: The California agritourism community gathered in Woodland on April 8, 2015 to plan for increased collaboration. Learn more...
- Building a Farm Trail Project 2013 - 2015: Examples of farm trail map development and resources for collaborative agritourism marketing.
- Discover California Farms... ...at California Fairs!: a guide to specialty crop promotion and education at California District and County Fairs Learn more...
- "Growing Agritourism" Professional Development Workshops 2011
- California Agritourism Summit, 2011: California's first statewide agritourism summit.