2024 California 4-H Camping Conference
March 8-10, 2024
Redwood Glen Camp & Conference Center
The 2024 California 4-H Camping Conference brings together the adults and teen leaders who help plan and administer camping programs across California in a weekend of hands-on training, networking, and learning experiences.
Building bridges - STEM at Camp, 2018 Camping Conference
Campfire time, 2014 Camping Conference
What to expect
The conference begins after dinner at 7:30 pm on Friday evening and closes Sunday afternoon before lunch. The registration fee includes two nights lodging in shared cabins, four meals, and all workshops and program materials. Gather with your peers to learn, explore and enjoy.
Our variety of hands-on workshops promise to engage, inspire, educate and challenge everyone regardless of their role at camp. Workshops are appropriate for all levels—from novice counselors to seasoned directors.
- Camp Administration Track: Roles & Responsibilities of the Camp Director, Risk Management, Selecting & Training Adult Chaperones & Teens, Youth & Adult Partnership
- Program Excellence Track: Setting the Tone at Camp, Managing Camper Behavior, Traditions, Inclusive Camps (panel session)
- Activities Track: Time-fillers with campers, Planning your evening programs, Growth Mindset, Inclusive Games
- Science & Such Track: Experiential Learning, Project Learning Tree & Program Improvement, Waterfront planning
- Archery Track: If you participate in Archery, you would only be in that track and not select other workshop sessions.
These are just a few examples of workshop topics being offered.
This conference is only held every other year. Don't miss this great learning opportunity to make the best camps better!
Join other camp planners and staff to learn about creating safe, engaging, educational—and fun—spaces for campers.
You do not have to be part of a 4-H Camp to participate. Please contact Marianne Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org about registering if you are not a current 4-H member or volunteer.
Registration includes workshops, program materials, lodging and meals.
$195 Early Bird
Save $30 by registering early! Register by January 26, 2024.
After January 26, registration will be $225 per participant. Registration will be open until February 23, 2024.
Add Archery Certification for $35
Invite a volunteer to the Camping Conference to get certified as a 4-H Archery Instructor! The certification will be two full days of hands-on instruction in order to lead archery projects at camp. Add the Archery Certification to your registration.