UCCE Master Gardener Program
of Humboldt and Del Norte Counties
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503
Del Norte County Office
586 G Street
Crescent City, CA 95531
- It is nature's way to turn fruit, vegetable, and yard trimmings into soil amendment.
- Benefits the environment by recycling organic resources and extending the life of landfills.
- Improves water holding capacity of soil, and helps prevent water runoff and erosion.
- Promotes soil fertility, and stimulates health root development.
- Helps clay soil from compacting and adds structure to both clay and sandy soils.
Check out these informative publications:
Composting for the Home Gardener (EHN 98)
Composting Tips and Tricks (GN 142)
Worm Composting (GN 144)