70 Cottonwood St
Woodland, CA 95695
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Genetic Resources
- Plant Biological Efficiency and Abiotic Stresses Affecting Plants
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Management of Saline and Sodic Soils and Salinity
- Drainage and Irrigation Systems and Facilities
- Jarvis-Shean, K.; Fulton, A.; Doll, D.; Lampinen, B.; Hanson, B.; Baldwin, R.; Lightle, D.; Vinsonhaler, B. (In Press). Young Orchard Handbook. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Prats-Llinàs, M.T. (2019). Performance of a Chill Overlap Model for Predicting BudBreak in Chardonnay Grapevines over a Broad Range of Growing Conditions. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture. 70:1, 50-59.
- Pope, K. S. and T. M. DeJong (2017). Modeling spring phenology and chilling requirements using the chill overlap framework. Acta Horticulturae. 1160, 179-183.
- Darbyshire, R.; Goodwin, I.; Pope, K. S. (2017). Modelling Flowering Phenology in Cripps Pink Apple using a Dynamic Heat Threshold. Acta Horticulturae. 1160, 185-191.
- Darbyshire, Rebecca; Pope, Katherine; Goodwin, Ian (2016). "An evaluation of the chill overlap model to predict flowering time in apple tree." Scientia Horticulturae(198)
Jarvis-Shean, K. S. (maiden name), Da Silva, D., Willits, N., DeJong, T. M. (2015). "Using non-parametric regression to model dormancy requirements in almonds." Acta Horticulturae. (1068):133-140
- Pope, K.S., Dose, V., Da Silva, D., Brown, P., DeJong, T.M. (2015). "Nut crop yield records show bud-break based chilling requirements may not reflect yield decline chill thresholds." International Journal of Biometeorology
- Pope, K. S.; Da Silva, D.; Brown, P. H.; DeJong, T. M. (2014). "A biologically based approach to modeling spring phenology in temperate deciduous trees." Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 198: 15-23.
Pope, K. S., Brown, P. H., Dose, V., Da Silva, D., DeJong, T. M. (2014). "Yield potential analysis to model dormancy requirements in pistachio." Acta Horticulturae. (1028) 103-106
- Pope, Katherine S.; Dose, Volker; Da Silva, David; Brown, Patrick H.; Leslie, Charles A.; DeJong, Theodore M. (2013). "Detecting nonlinear response of spring phenology to climate change by Bayesian analysis." Global Change Biology 19(5): 1518-1525.
- Agency, Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment & California Environmental Protection (2018). "Fruit and Nut Maturation Time" in Indicators of Climate Change in California. 219-225.
- Assessment, Office of Environmental Health Hazard; Agency, California Environmental Protection (2018). "Winter Chill" in Indicators of Climate Change in California. 71-76.
- Hasey, J.; Lampinen, B.; Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Early Walnut Tree Training: How to Handle Different Nursery Products. Sacramento Valley Walnut News. June.
- Duncan, R.; Connell, J.; Doll, D.; Pope, K.S.; Brar, G. (2018). Field Evaluation of Almond Rootstocks. Annual report. California Almond Board.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). June Irrigation – When size, cracking and Brix are on the line. California Dried Plum Newsletter. June.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Nitrogen Management for Mature, Bearing Orchards - Research Update. California Walnut Board Newsletter. March.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Orchard Management Checklist - June-Aug. AgFax.com. June.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Pre- & Post-Harvest Almond Orchard Management Considerations. Sacramento Valley Almond News. June.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Pre-Harvest & Harvest Prune Orchard Considerations. Sacramento Valley Prune News. July.
- Jarvis-Shean, K; Niederholzer, F; Symmes, E (2018). Prune Bloom Orchard Management Considerations. Sacramento Valley Prune News. February.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Walnuts Task List. Pacific Nut Producer. July.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S. (2018). Walnuts Task List. Pacific Nut Producer. September.
- Pope, K.S.; Buchner, R.; Niederholzer, F.; DeJong, T.M.; Castro, S.; DeBuse, C. (2017). 2017 Field Evaluation of Prune Rootstocks at Wolfskill. Annual Report. California Dried Plum Board.
- Jarvis-Shean, K.S.; Lampinen, B.; DeBuse, C.; Leslie, C.; Metcalf, S. (2017). 2017 Solano County Clonal Paradox Rootstock Trial, Including Stem Water Potential. Annual Report. California Walnut Board.
- Niederholzer, F (2017). Update on Yellow Monterey Almond Trees. Sacramento Valley Almond News. October.