Agritourism activities include…
- On-farm Direct Sales (U-pick, farm stands, dairy, wine, beer, farm products, etc.).
- Accommodations/Lodging (farm stays, guest ranch, B&Bs, camping, cabins, etc.).
- Entertainment/Special Events (harvest festivals, corn mazes, farm dinners, weddings, parties, etc.).
- Outdoor Recreation (picnicking, swimming, hunting, fishing, photography, horseback riding, snowmobiling, biking, etc.)
- Educational Activities (farm or ranch work experience, camps, classes,
tours, tastings, demonstrations, petting zoos, etc).
Main Sources of Agritourism Revenue (2014):
source: Multi-institutional interdisciplinary research project – survey of 288 western agritourism operators as part of 3 year USDA grant: “Place-Based Innovation: An Integrated Look at Agritourism in the Western US”