As of March 17th, 2021 Placer County 4-H is updating to operate in the Red Tier.
The UCCE Farm Advisor office will remain closed to the public.
- If you need to come by our office, please call ahead of time to make an appointment.
- We will require masks to be worn while in our building.
The State of California announced that Placer County has moved from the most restrictive Purple Tier (Tier 1) to a less-restrictive Red Tier (Tier 2).
Here's what the red tier means for meetings:
· Conduct meetings/programs/workshops virtually when possible All other safety protocols apply (symptom screening, distancing, use of face masks, hygiene/sanitation, etc.)
· Capacity for indoor meetings/programs/ workshops must be limited to 25% or 100 people, whichever is less
· Capacity for outdoor meetings/programs/ workshops must be limited to 25% or 100 people, whichever is less
· We will still need Safety Plan for all meetings.
You may hold 4-H meetings indoor and outdoor in-person if ALL of the following “Procedures for 4-H Meetings during COVID-19” are followed:
*Wear Face Masks
*Participants Monitor Health with temperature checks & watching for symptoms
*Social Distance – Maintain at least 6’ of distance from others
*Do Not Share Items
*Maintain Meeting Participation Record
If the procedures cannot be maintained or 4-H Volunteer Leaders do not feel comfortable delivering programming in person, the project may continue to deliver programming in a Virtual/Distance delivery model.
Please contact Dan Macon, UCCE County Director, at (530) 889-7385 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
In order to provide our youth with fun and safe experiences, we encourage 4-H Project Leaders to find new and unique projects that can be done now. In order to ensure project meetings abide by local and state guidelines, all Adult Volunteer Leaders must review the materials below before working with the youth members.
COVID-19 4-H Re-opening Meeting Guidance Training - https://youtu.be/Bt4k_4rfxDU
- Procedures for 4-H Meetings during COVID-19 (4-H Guidance Poster)
- Awareness of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Mitigation Standards Summary for COVID-19 Stage 2
- Reopening Plan Training Slides from July 1st
Please complete the 4-H Volunteers COVID-19 Survey to indicate you have read and understand the documents above.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policies and Guidance
UC ANR Safety Standards for Resuming In-person Activity
California Department of Public Health Coronavirus Information
American Academy of Pediatrics School Reopening Position Statement
CDC Youth Program Decision Tree
Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus Information
World Health Organization Coronavirus Information