1111 Franklin St., 10th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607-5200
Nutrition Policy Institute
Wendi leads research projects at the Nutrition Policy Institute and teaches at UC Berkeley's School of Public Health. She has dedicated her career to understanding and working to improve policies and programs that affect population health and nutrition, with a focus on eliminating health disparities and improving federal food and nutrition programs. She has conducted and studied interventions in schools, childcare centers, WIC and SNAP-Ed, and is particularly interested in the nexus of research, public policy and community-based efforts to improve health. She has a doctorate in public health and is a registered dietitian.
SpecialtyFood policies and programs, food systems, children's nutrition
- Gosliner, W.; Brown, D. M.; Sun, B. C.; Woodward-Lopez, G.; Crawford, P. B. (2018). "Availability, quality and price of produce in low-income neighbourhood food stores in California raise equity issues." Public Health Nutr 21(9): 1639-1648.
- Woodward-Lopez, G.; Gosliner, W.; Au, L. E.; Kao, J.; Webb, K. L.; Sagatov, R. D.; Strauss, W. J.; Landgraf, A. J.; Nagaraja, J.; Wilson, D. K.; Nicastro, H. L.; Nebeling, L. C.; Schultz, J. A.; Ritchie, L. D.; Healthy Communities Study, Team (2018). "Community characteristics modify the relationship between obesity prevention efforts and dietary intake in children: the Healthy Communities Study." Pediatr Obes 13 Suppl 1: 46-55.
- Au, L. E.; Gurzo, K.; Gosliner, W.; Webb, K. L.; Crawford, P. B.; Ritchie, L. D. (2018). "Eating School Meals Daily Is Associated with Healthier Dietary Intakes: The Healthy Communities Study." J Acad Nutr Diet 118(8): 1474-1481 e1.
- Leung, C. W.; DiMatteo, S. G.; Gosliner, W. A.; Ritchie, L. D. (2018). "Sugar-Sweetened Beverage and Water Intake in Relation to Diet Quality in U.S. Children." Am J Prev Med 54(3): 394-402.
- Gosliner, W. (2014). "School-level factors associated with increased fruit and vegetable consumption among students in California middle and high schools." J Sch Health 84(9): 559-68.
- Crawford, P. B.; Gosliner, W. (2012). "State-level policies can help reduce consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages in schools." J Pediatr 161(3): 566-7.
- Crawford, P. B.; Gosliner, W.; Kayman, H. (2011). "The ethical basis for promoting nutritional health in public schools in the United States." Prev Chronic Dis 8(5): A98.
- Gosliner, W.; Madsen, K. A.; Woodward-Lopez, G.; Crawford, P. B. (2011). "Would students prefer to eat healthier foods at school?" J Sch Health 81(3): 146-51.
- Gosliner, W. A.; James, P.; Yancey, A. K.; Ritchie, L.; Studer, N.; Crawford, P. B. (2010). "Impact of a worksite wellness program on the nutrition and physical activity environment of child care centers." Am J Health Promot 24(3): 186-9.
- Woodward-Lopez, G.; Gosliner, W.; Samuels, S. E.; Craypo, L.; Kao, J.; Crawford, P. B. (2010). "Lessons learned from evaluations of California's statewide school nutrition standards." Am J Public Health 100(11): 2137-45.
- Madsen, K. A.; Gosliner, W.; Woodward-Lopez, G.; Crawford, P. B. (2009). "Physical activity opportunities associated with fitness and weight status among adolescents in low-income communities." Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163(11): 1014-21.
- Crawford, P. B.; Gosliner, W.; Anderson, C.; Strode, P.; Becerra-Jones, Y.; Samuels, S.; Carroll, A. M.; Ritchie, L. D. (2004). "Counseling Latina mothers of preschool children about weight issues: suggestions for a new framework." J Am Diet Assoc 104(3): 387-94.
- Crawford, P. B.; Gosliner, W.; Strode, P.; Samuels, S. E.; Burnett, C.; Craypo, L.; Yancey, A. K. (2004). "Walking the talk: Fit WIC wellness programs improve self-efficacy in pediatric obesity prevention counseling." Am J Public Health 94(9): 1480-5.
- Gosliner, W.; Madsen, K. A. (2007). "Marketing foods and beverages: why licensed commercial characters should not be used to sell healthy products to children." Pediatrics 119(6): 1255-6; author reply 1256.