Kevin R Day
Farm AdvisorCooperative Extension Tulare County
4437-B S. Laspina St.
Tulare, CA 93274
MS Plant Science, California State University, Fresno. 1985
- Carroll R. Miller Award
Presented by National Peach Association, http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/newsletters/ANR_Report44727.pdf, 2012
SpecialtyFresh-shipping deciduous tree fruits. Cultural practices and production, fruit growth and development, pruning and training systems
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Deciduous Tree Fruits
- Stone Fruits - General
- Peaches - General
- Peaches - Cling
- Peaches, Freestone
- Deciduous Tree Fruits - Other
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Production
- Plant Biological Efficiency and Abiotic Stresses Affecting Plants
- Plant Product Quality and Utility (Preharvest)
- Plant Management Systems
- Basic Plant Biology
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Weeds Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Safe and Secure Food Supplies
- Sustainable Food Systems
- DeJong, T.M., R.S. Johnson (2011). "Controller 5, Controller 9 and Hiawatha peach rootstocks: their performance and physiology." Acta Horticulturae 903: 221-228.
- Day, Kevin R., R.S. Johnson (2011). "Effect of timing of topping to reduce tree height on subsequent year vigor of early-season â??Arctic Starâ?? nectarine." Acta Horticulturae 903: 711-716.
- Day, Kevin R. and Richard P. Buckner (2011). Growing prunes for the fresh market. UC Prune Production Manual.
- DeJong, T.M., C. Negron (2011). "Using concepts of shoot growth and architecture to understand and predict responses to peach tree pruning." Acta Horticulturae
- Lopez, G., Kevin R. Day (2011). "Why do early spring temperatures reduce peach fruit size and yield at harvest." Acta Horticulturae 903: 1055-1062.
- Day, Kevin R., Theodore DeJong (2010). Development and testing of pedestrian orchard concepts. California Tree Fruit Agreement Annual Research Report for 2010.: 5.
- Cherry: UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines
- Integrated Pest Management for Stone Fruits
- Nectarine: UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Peach size affects storage, market life
- Contaminants and injury induce inking on peaches and nectarines
- Cold ‘Brooks’ cherries suffer more pitting and bruising
- Early harvest prevents internal browning in Asian pears
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Cling Peach - Member
- Postharvest Technology Research & Info Center (PTric) - Member
- Prune - Member