Nevada County 4-H Summer Camp
2017 4-H SUMMER CAMP CANCELED
It is with great sadness that we announce the cancellation of the 2017 Nevada County 4-H Summer Camp. Registered campers click here to process your refund.
As most of you know, we received an abundance of water in Northern California this past winter. During this year’s assessment of the camp facilities, we discovered our camp had been affected by flooding and there had been almost 4 feet of water in all of our buildings, including the kitchen. Due to the amount of water, most items were submerged. Currently, camp is not safe for our youth members and volunteers.
We are short approximately $20,000 to make necessary repairs to bring camp to safe standards. In the coming months we will be fundraising and soliciting donations. If you registered for camp, please consider donating your refund to our camp; you can do so by clicking here.
Our steadfast volunteers involved with the Joint Camp Council that serves the Placer and Nevada County 4-H Summer Camp programs will be working hard in conjunction with local professionals in the coming months to do the work necessary to get our camp facility back up to a safe standard. However, they need your help! If you or anyone you know is handy or not afraid of hard work, we are always in need of adult volunteers. Please click on the link provided and let us know how you can help.
Click here to volunteer your skills and time.
Currently, we know the following:
CONNEX STORAGE - flooded
- Needs to be emptied and contents need to be assessed.
- Tents need to be pulled out, set up to dry.
- Needs to be pressure washed once emptied.
*Any items noted that a professional assessment is needed: We will be working on bids once the roads are fully accessible.
- Due to water damage, this building will need to be assessed by a professional.
- (2) 75-gal hot water heaters need to be replaced.
- Commercial stove/ oven/ grill need to be replaced. One has been donated but needs to be picked up in the Bay Area. If you could assist with this in the next week, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk in Refrigerator- damage unknown, will need to be assessed by a professional.
- Upright Freezer needs replacement.
- Kitchen storage cabinets need replacement.
- Various debris from flooding.
- Footbridge to the meadow needs replacing.
- Many trees need to be assessed and taken out, chipped or hauled out
- General clean up from fallen tree tops at the meadows edge and in the ropes course area.
As we receive more updates and assessments, we will post them here. Currently we are in need of Adult Volunteers for general work weekends to help in the initial clean up.
Our immediate need is for 10- Adult Volunteers that can work to help get the Conex emptied within the week. If you are available, please select the link below and in the COMMENTS section put the date(s) you are available.
Please address questions to email@example.com