Learning and Development Resources
|Coursera offers many free online courses developed by universities and other organizations with an array of subjects including computer science, digital marketing, data science, business and other subjects.|
|Access thousands of subject matter expert instructor-led video courses where you can learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve your personal and professional goals. Log in through the UC ANR portal.|
|Six self-paced modules help employees discover their internal UC career mobility options, highlight accomplishments and identify how they can achieve their career goals within UC.|
UC Learning Center: Log in with your affiliated location:
|Register for access to webinars, models, tools, research, conferences through Gartner.|
|A network of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System that helps professionals (advisers, educators, specialists) through an online constellation of people, resources and tools, including professional development.|
|A forum for Extension professionals who are engaged in program and staff development.|
The UC Learning Center is the web-based learning management system (LMS) used across the University of California, for training and development. With the UC Learning Center, UC ANR employees and affiliates can register for in-person activities (usually at UC Davis), as well as access online activities, and view training transcripts and...
- Browse or search the training catalog
- Keep track of email notifications about courses
- Launch online courses
- Browse and search the Books 24x7 catalog
Coursera offers many free online courses developed by universities and other organizations with an array of subjects including computer science, digital marketing, data science, business and other subjects.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
Access thousands of subject matter expert instructor-led video courses where you can learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve your personal and professional goals. Each course is broken into 5 to 15 minute tutorials. For all of our Lynda.com fans, it is being phased out by its parent company, Microsoft. However, LinkedIn Learning will contain Lynda.com content and more.
Access it anywhere, anytime, and complete training at your own pace. Available to UC ANR employees and paid for through Learning & Development funds, contact Jodi Azulai if you would like an account. Learn about LinkedIn Learning privacy information.
Gartner (formerly Corporate Executive Board - CEB)
Register here to access webinars, models, tools, research, conferences through Gartner. As a UC Manager and employee, 4 CEB/CLC memberships are available to you:
- CLC provides learning resources for UC ANR employees, General HR, Recruiting, Training & Development (webinars, models, tools, resources, conferences, etc.…)
- Learning & Development Leadership Council membership for the development of training programs, surveys, webinars and links for employee and management training
- Recruiting membership includes Talent Acquisition tools, resources, models and webinars to design and execute a precise recruiting approach for the talent most needed by the organization.
- CIO Leadership Council membership offering models, tools and resources focused the best economic outcome to difficult functional and IT management challenges facing CIOs and senior IT executives.
Thee following resource tool is available for Managers:
- MERC (Manager Excellence Resource Center) is a special management site for specific training and tools for UC managers.
A knowledge-to-action service integral part of the U.S. Cooperative Extension System that helps professionals (advisers, educators, specialists) do their work more effectively using an online constellation of people, resources and tools, including professional development. See also extension Learn.
NAEPSDP was formed to provide an organized forum for Extension professionals who are engaged in program and staff development. Their mission includes:
- Improving communication & collaboration
- Sharing resources
- Enhancing multi-state efforts
- Sponsoring and promote educational training programs and activities that advance program and staff development practices, and
- Advancing the professional status of program and staff development extension professionals by encouraging continuous improvement.
UC ANR Staff Assembly is committed to supporting career training and professional development opportunities for ANR staff to further career advancement. The UC ANR Staff Assembly has established a scholarship program to provide financial assistance to UC ANR Staff to pursue career interests, develop new career paths, and address knowledge or skill gaps needed to reach professional development goals. For more information, please visit the SA Scholarship website.
Academic Assembly Council website
The mission of the Assembly Council is to provide a forum to enhance the impacts of Cooperative Extension programs and address the professional needs of Cooperative Extension academic employees.