Amanda M. Linares
Academic Coordinator IINutrition Policy Institute
1616 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95814
Specializes in evaluation of nutrition education, physical activity, and obesity prevention programs.
M.S. Nutritional Biology, University of California, Davis. 2008
B.S. Nutrition Science, University of California, Davis. 2005
- SPOT Award
Presented by University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, 2018
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Human Nutrition
- Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Obesity Prevention
- Nutrition Education
- Healthy Families and Communities
- C Rider, A Linares (2019). From vision to validation: Creating comprehensive tools to self-assess eating and activity practices in settings where children learn. American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Pugliese, J; Rider, C; Linares, A. (2018). What Works: Identifying Effective Nutrition Education Curricula Delivered to Low-Income California Adults. Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Rider, C; Linares, A; Whetstone, L. (2017). A Quick and Easy School Environment Assessment for Obesity Prevention Programs. Childhood Obesity Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Leung, CW; Ryan-Ibarra, S; Linares, A; Induni, M; Sugerman, S; Long, MW; Rimm, EB; Willett, WC (2015). "Support for Policies to Improve the Nutritional Impact of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in California." American Journal of Public Health 105(8): 1576-80.
- Sugerman, S; Foerster, S; Gregson, J; Linares, A; Hudes, M (2011). California adults increase fruit and vegetable consumption from 1997-2007. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 43, s96-s103.
- Ghirardelli, A; Linares, A; Fong, A. (2011). Usage and recall of the Food Stamp Office Resource Kit (FSORK) by food stamp applicants in four California counties. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 43, s86-s95.
- Sugerman, S; Backman, D; Foerster, S; Ghirardelli, A; Linares, A; Fong, A. (2011). Using an opinion poll to build an obesity-prevention social marketing campaign for low-income Asian and Hispanic immigrants: report of findings. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 43, s53-s66.
- Burton-Freeman, B; Linares, A; Hyson, D; Kappagoda, T (2010). Strawberry modulates LDL oxidation and postprandial lipidemia in response to high-fat meal in overweight hyperlipidemic men and women. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 29, 46-54.