How to Join 4-H
Registration for the 2022-23 Year is OPEN!
LEADERS MUST BE FULLY ENROLLED BY DECEMBER 31ST
4-HERS PARTICIPATING IN FAIRS MUST BE ENROLLED BY DECEMBER 31ST
The 4-H Year Runs July 1st through June 30th.
- Choose a Club. Click here to go to the community club page and map to find a club near you. Can't find a club in your area? Find out how to start a club by calling our county office at (858) 298-5895.
- Contact the Club. Contact the Community Club Leader for the club you are interested in joining to let them know you are signing up. They will be able to give you more information about the club, program fees (including if there are project specific costs), and the types of projects they offer.
- Attend a Club Meeting. The Club Leader will let you know when the next unit meeting is for the club so that you can attend, pay your program fees, and talk to project leaders about their projects.
- Submit Program Fees. Submit your program fees online for 2022-23.
New families are $75 for the year.
$75 July - Sep
$85 Oct - Dec 15
$100 after Dec 15
- Sign Up in 4HOnline. Create a family profile online at ca.4HOnline.com. Members are grouped by Family, so you can add all the youth family members who want to join 4-H (and any adults that would like to volunteer). If you are under 18, please have a parent or guardian enter the information. Click here to download the full instructions on how to enroll in the 4HOnline system.
- Get Activated. Once your payment has cleared your club leader will log in to the 4HOnline system to confirm your enrollment at the club level. Your enrollment will then be sent on to the county office to review. Once your registration is fully activated by the county office you will receive an email confirmation.
Questions that can not be answered by your chosen club, can be directed to the San Diego County 4-H enrollment coordinator, (858) 298-5895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To re-enroll each year, after submitting program fees to your club and attending a general meeting, complete online registration at ca.4HOnline.com.
For full instructions, please click here for the tutorial to re-enroll.