UCCE Master Gardeners of Amador County
Garden Tips for March
- Prune grapes and roses.
- Cleanup: remove mummy fruit and blighted limbs on stone fruit to reduce brown rot. Remove and destroy fallen leaves to reduce peach leaf curl.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weeds now!
- If weather permits, prepare beds for planting by spading in compost an soil amendments.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Divide and replant herbs.
- To prevent sunburn and borer problems, paint young tree trunks with water based interior white latex paint 1:1 with water.
- Consider replacing plants to improve the safety and sustainability of your property.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Tuesday—Thursday
- Phone: 209-223-6838
- Email: email@example.com
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 12200-B Airport Road, Jackson, CA 95642
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the front desk of the GSA building Monday through Thursday.
Upcoming Classes & Events
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.