Fall 2020 Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshop
Dates and locations coming soon.
- Prescribed fire as a management tool
- Cultural burning
- Permitting and legal considerations
- Cal Fire’s Vegetation Management Program
- Fire weather forecasting / online tools
- Air quality and smoke management
- Prescribed burn associations
- Local fire history
- Fire terms and fire behavior
- Burn plan development
- Burn unit preparation
- Tools and equipment
These workshops are designed for landowners and managers looking to gain skills in prescribed fire planning and implementation. The first day will consist of classroom lecture, instruction, and exercises. Workshops with a second day will include a field trip to view lands actively managed with prescribed fire and take part in a prescribed fire, permit / weather allowing.
Registration with a fee is required. Registration will open this summer.
For more information. For questions, contact Susie Kocher, firstname.lastname@example.org (530) 542-2571.