Academic Human Resources
Academic HR is the principal department for all academic personnel matters within the University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Academic HR provides leadership, coordination and consulting services in applying academic personnel policies and procedures in recruitment, advancement, compensation and employee relations for academic appointees in the division.
AHR Current News and Information
2023-24 Academic Salary Program Announcement
General Salary Increase Program for policy-covered employees July 2023
We are pleased to share the good news that UC President Michael Drake has confirmed the decision to proceed with a 2023 general salary increase program for policy-covered staff employees and academic appointees (i.e., employees not represented by a collective bargaining unit) at all locations, contingent upon state funding. In the event the current budget expectations are altered, UC President Drake will provide an updated announcement at that time.
For policy-covered academic appointees, the academic salary scales will be increased by a general range adjustment of 4.6%. The adjustment to the academic salary scales will be effective July 1, 2023. The regular peer-review merit advancement process for policy-covered academic appointees will continue per academic personnel policy. This program is separate and distinct from any UC ANR Market Adjustment program. Please see 2023-24 UCANR Academic Salary Program Announcement for guidelines and eligibility criteria.
Please note that this increase does not apply to represented employees and academic personnel who are receiving separate increases in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements.
CE Advisor Salary Equity Adjustment Plan 2021
Please see the link for full and complete details.
Soft-funded Temporary Hire Information
To assist academics with the hiring of temporary positions, either direct hires or recruitment's, please fill out the 1st Steps and RA Unit Handout Rev. 4/11/2023 and submit to Academic HR. The information you provide will help us determine the appropriate title and course of action.
Please allow up to five business days for a response, which will include a tentative time frame and next steps.
Merit and Promotion Evaluation Request form using Qualtrics Surveys
For promotions, accelerated promotions, term reviews seeking indefinite status, career review advancement to full title VI or above scale, and career equity reviews.
Process for Soliciting Confidential Letters of Evaluation:
1. By January 13, 2023: Academic identifies three to five names of potential internal, external academic, and external clientele/partner evaluators. Academic provides the names and contact information to Academic Human Resources using the Qualtrics survey link: https://ucanr.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8ce6iqmK9g26N5c
2. By January 13, 2023: Supervisor(s) recommends an additional three to five evaluators via a Qualtrics survey. Supervisors may seek input from County Directors, Program Teams, and Statewide Programs, as needed, on appropriate evaluators for the Academic. Supervisor provides the names and contact information to Academic Human Resources using the Qualtrics survey link: https://ucanr.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6L3g1dmV3QvgGyy
Calendar of Academic HR Deadlines for the Merit and Promotion Process and Skills Development Trainings
For the 2022-2023 Merit and Promotion Calendar with other important dates: 2022-23 Academic Calendar
2023-24 UCANR Academic Salary Program Announcement
UCOP Academic Salary Scales 2023-2024
UC ANR CE Advisor Series July 2022
Specialist in Cooperative Extension Series
Academic Coordinator Series (I, II, and III)
Non-represented Project (e.g. Scientist) Series
NORMAL PROGRESSON CHARTS:
- CE Advisor Series
- Professional Research Series
- Project Scientist Series
- Specialist in Cooperative Extension
- Specialist Series
For represented academics, please contact Academic HR for information on progression.
UC and UC ANR Policies and Core Values:
- UC Presidential Guidelines on Abusive Conduct and Bullying
- UC ANR Core Values
- UC ANR Policy and Procedure Manual, Sect 300 - Acad Personnel
- UCOP Academic Personnel Manual
- Academic Researchers Unit (RA) Contract
- UC ANR Principles of Community
- UC ANR CE Program Evaluation Resources and Trainings
- UC ANR Learning & Development
- UC ANR Career Equity Review Guidelines
- UC ANR Academic Advertisement List
- New Hire Process - Paperwork & Orientation Guide
- UCPath Self-Service Portal
- UC Benefits
- UC Davis Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS)
- Catastrophic Leave Sharing Program (5/12/2023)
(other information can be found under the 'Resources' tabs on the left)
ANR Affirmative Action
ANR AA website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/Diversity/Affirmative_Action/
2019 Introduction to Affirmative Action and Project Board
Project Board Civil Rights Compliance Instructions
For information on Discrimination and Sexual Violence Prevention, please click here