Visit Us at the Help Desk
The Marin Master Gardener Help Desk is a garden problem solving/information resource provided through the University of California Cooperative Extension for Marin County residents. If you are not a Marin County resident, please contact your county's local Cooperative Extension office.
The Help Desk is closed for in-person visits until further notice. The Help Desk is still responding to questions submitted through email. No walk-ins, phone calls or specimen drop offs are available.
Please review our identifying the causes of plant problem before contacting us. It will help you gather information so we can better assist you. For many issues, the IPM Plant Problem Diagnostic Tool may give you the answers you need. We highly recommend it!
When you email us with your question, please be sure to include some details:
• A statement of what you would like to know
• Details of the problem:
- Where is the plant located (address)?
- What type of plant is it (if you know)?
- How old is the plant?
- How much sun and water the plant receives?
- Has the problem just started or has it been going on for some time?
- Has there been recent chemical use (including fertilizer) on the plant?
- Is there anything else that may help diagnose the problem?
• Please send photos:
- Showing the affected portion of the plant
- Showing the healthy portions of the plant and entire plant if possible
- That are high resolution and in focus