Dr. Chris McDonald
Inland and Desert Natural Resources Advisor, County Co-Director San BernardinoUC Cooperative Extension - San Bernardino County
777 East Rialto Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0730
San Diego County
Ph.D. Renewable Natural Resouce Studies, University of Arizona, Tucson. 2010
M.S. Renewable Natural Resources, University of Arizona. 2005
B.S. Conservation Biology, University of California, Riverside. 2001
Specialtyinvasive plants, weeds, native plant restoration, vegetation management,
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Natural Resources and Commodities
- Plants and Their Systems
- Basic Plant Biology
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Alternative Uses of Land
- Conservation of Biological Diversity
- McDonald, C.J.; Hilbig, B.; Swanson, A.; Valliere, J. (2016). Hold the Mustard: Field Guide to the Mustards of the Mojave Desert. UCANR Publication 3458. UC ANR. 60.
- McDonald, C.J. (2018). Management and Eradication of Volutaria. Symposium Proceedings, California Native Plant Society. February.
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). A New Weed in Anza Borrego Threatens Wildflower Bloom. Anza Valley Outlook (Newspaper).
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). A New Weed in Borrego: Threats and Opportunities for Eradication. The Anza Borrego Foundation Online Newsletter. http://theabf.org/new-weed-anza-borrego
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). A New Weed, Spreading in Borrego Springs. Borrego Sun Newspaper.
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). Management of Medusahead in Southern California with an emphasis on eradication. Symposium Proceedings California Invasive Plant Society. October.
- McDonald, C.J. (2017). Management of Volutaria and stopping its spread in Southern California. Symposium Proceedings California Invasive Plant Society. October.
- Robison, R; Matthews, . P.; Harris, C.J. McDonald : F. (2017). Partnership Aims to Eradicate Volutaria tubuliflora. Newsletter of the California Invasive Plant Society. 25:1.
- McDonald, C.J. (2016). Native Plants for Your Wildlife Friendly Backyard. Chuparosa, the Newsletter of the Desert Horticulture Society.
- McDonald, C.J.; Blecker, L. (2016). Updates to California DPR Personal Protective Equipment: Eyewear and Gloves. California Invasive Plant Council Newsletter. Cal-IPC. October.
- McDonald, C.J. (2016). Water, Shelter and Food for Wildlife Friendly Backyards. Chuparosa, the Newsletter of the Desert Horticulture Society.
- McDonald, C.J. (2016). Wildlife Friendly Backyards. Chuparosa Newsletter. Desert Horticultural Society.
- Engel, Megan; Williams, Kimberly; McDonald, Christopher; Beyers, Jan (2015). Chaparral shrub re-establishment on type-converted slopes in Southern California. Proceedings 99th Annual Ecological Society of America Meeting. August.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). Early detection and rapid response (EDRR). Wildflowers Newsletter. April.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). How to Stop the Spread of Volutaria, Best Management Practices. Flyer.
- Williams, K. (2015). Minimizing effort in restoring chaparral shrubs on type-converted slopes. Williams, K., J. Beyers, M. Engel and C. McDonald. August.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). Volutaria a New and Highly Invasive Plant in Borrego Springs. Flyer.
- McDonald, C.J. (2015). Volutaria in Borrego Springs. Sand Paper. Anza Borrego Natural History Association.
- McDonald, C.J. (2014). Germinating first: A summary on root growth and competition. Wildflowers Newsletter. December.
- McDonald, C.J. (2014). What is Cooperative Extension? Wildflowers Newsletter. May.
- McDonald, C.J. (2013). Finding an efficient method of controlling Sahara mustard. Wildflowers Newsletter. November.
- McDonald, C.J. (2013). Measuring the effectiveness of four herbicides at controlling Sahara mustard. Wildflowers Newsletter. November.