UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County
UCCE Master Gardener Training 2019
Begins January 24, 2019
Gardening Tips For September
- Compost disease-free annuals and vegetable crops that have finished producing.
- Cultivate and add compost to the soil for fall and winter vegetables and annuals.
- Dig, divide, and replant overgrown perennials as they finish blooming.
- Weed and amend beds before replanting.
- If not purchased pre-chilled, put tuilip, narcissus, and hyacinth bulbs in the refrigerator for 6 weeks prior to planting.
- Sow native bunch grass seed on bare slopes to prevent erosion.
- Mulch cane berries.
- Consider extending vegetable season with floating row cover, mulch, or plastic domes. (Gallon milk containers with the bottom removed work well.)
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
To subscribe, email email@example.com.
Got a Gardening Question?
UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Wednesdays, 423 E. St. Charles Street (highway 49), San Andreas
- Demonstration Garden: 891 Mountain Ranch Road in San Andreas
- Phone: 209-754-2880
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing.