UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County
Gardening Tips For February
- Above 2000 ft. : prune deciduous fruit trees, cane berries
- Below 200 ft.: prune grapes, roses, crepe myrtle. Paint trunks of bareroot and young fruit trees to prevent borers and protect from sunburn. Use interior white latex paint with equal amounts of water and apply generously.
- Control earwigs and sow bugs with bait or traps.
- Remove and discard old flowers from azaleas and camellias to reduce petal blight.
- Divide asters, lilies, perennial phlox, chrysanthemums.
- Work on removing dead and dying limbs and vegetation.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
To subscribe, email email@example.com.
Got a Gardening Question?
UCCE Master Gardeners of Calaveras County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 10-Noon, Wednesdays, 423 E. St. Charles Street (highway 49), San Andreas
- Demonstration Garden: 891 Mountain Ranch Road in San Andreas
- Phone: 209-754-2880
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing.