You have seen us at the County Fair! You may have even attended one of our FREE Food Preserving classes. UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers are agents of the University of California and work through the UC Cooperative Extension to educate the community on the safe practices of food preservation, including pickling, sausages, preserves and much more. We are still teaching through remote methods:
- Facebook: We post frequently about food preservation, safety, reducing food waste, and more
- Helplines: Ask your questions through a voice-mail message, email, or posted on Facebook.
- Online classes: We’re exploring the world of online public classes – check our events page for upcoming events and recordings of previously recorded classes.
This website is designed to help you find information about food safety and information about your local Master Food Preservers.
- Check out our extensive archive of newspaper articles on food preservation topics
- Explore food preservation videos from Extension offices around the country