Livestock Advisory Committee
El Dorado 4-H Livestock Advisory Committee Meeting
Third Thursdays at 6 p.m. via Zoom
The Livestock Advisory Program Development Committee is responsible for the development and delivery of educational programs to 4-H members.
The activities/programs that come under the livestock category are:
- Provide leadership for livestock program.
- Organize and conduct skill training for volunteers.
- Organize and conduct county events (Field/Skills Days) that apply to livestock.
- Maintain communications with 4-HYD staff, clubs, groups, and 4-H Management Board
- Counsel volunteer leaders on the county’s 4-H policies and procedures as well as CDFA Rules for State Fairs, and the Agreement between UC, 4-H, FFA, Grange, Fairs, and CDFA.
- Conduct orientation for Project leaders.
- Manage 4-H species awards for County Fair.
- Responsible for proficiency test and awards.
Livestock Advisory Committee Awards
Each year these awards are given to 4-H Members at the El Dorado County Fair.
There are three to four proficiencies for each species. Proficiency test may be taken at Skills Day, by appoint at the 4-H Office, or at a time designated by the Species Resource Leader.
Proficiency Tests available:
- Cattle: Beef
- Dog Care & Training
- Goats: Dairy
- Goats: Nigerian
- Goats: Market
- Goats: Pygmy
- Sheep: Market
- Swine: Market
Study guide information coming soon.