Amber Vinchesi-Vahl Ph.D.
Area Vegetable Crops AdvisorCooperative Extension Colusa County
PO Box 180, 100 Sunrise Boulevard
Colusa, CA 95932
Ph.D. Entomology, Washington State University. 2014
M.S. Entomology, Washington State University. 2011
B.S. Entomology, Purdue University. 2009
SpecialtyEntomology, Integrated Pest Management, Pollinators, Insect-vectored diseases, vegetable crops, soilborne fungal pathogens
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Vegetable Crops
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Beneficial Insects
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Vinchesi, Amber; Walsh, Doug; Broadhead, Craig (2018). Assessing Transportation Impacts to Alkali Bees (Hymenoptera: Halictidae) and Alfalfa Seed Production in Southeastern Washington State. American Entomologist. 64:1, 52-58.
- Echegaray, E. R.; Vinchesi, A. C.; Alvarez, J. M.; McKinley, N. D.; Rondon, S.I. (2017). "Potato Psyllid (Hemiptera: Triozidae) Response to Insecticides under Controlled Greenhouse Conditions." Journal of Economic Entomology 110(1): 142-149.
- Vinchesi, Amber; Goyer, Aymeric; Rondon, Silvia (2017). "Priming potato with thiamin to control Potato Virus Y." American Journal of Potato Research 94: 120-128.
Rondon, S., A. Vinchesi, A. Rashed and D. Crowder. "Wireworms: a pest of monumental proportions." Oregon State University Extension bulletin 9166. 2017.
- Vinchesi, A. C.; Walsh, D. B. (2014). "Quadrat Method for Assessing the Population Abundance of a Commercially Managed Native Soil-nesting Bee, Nomia melanderi (Hymenoptera: Halictidae) in Proximity to Alfalfa Seed Production in the Western USA." Journal of Economic Entomology 107(4): 1695-1699.
- Vinchesi, A.; Cobos, D.; Lavine, L.; Walsh, D. (2013). "Manipulation of soil temperatures to influence brood emergence in the alkali bee (Nomia melanderi)." Apidologie 44(3): 286-294.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Warm Season Vegetables - Chair
- Entomology - Member
- Integrated Management of Soilborne Pests - Member
- Plant Pathology - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Weed - Member