The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
HAVE GARDEN QUESTIONS?
Our Help Desk is open to answer your questions.
Please provide the following information:
Your Name and Address
Brief description of the problem
If possible, include a photograph
Master Gardeners will let you know if a sample is needed to help solve the problem.
If you are unable to email, you may leave us a voicemail message at 707-253-4143.
Please include all the above information in your message.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- Are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- Complete an intensive in-person and on line training program in plant science, basic horticulture, and other topics over several months to receive certification.
- Stay up-to-date on current UC research based gardening information through continuing education provided by UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information on Napa County UC Cooperative Extension please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Fires, After-Fire & Disaster Resources
For fire resources including a state-wide fire map, air quality and evacuation info, lost and deceased animals, and more, visit: LNU Lightning Complex Fires Resources
Mobile users: To find offerings and events menu, click the 'Vent' at the top of your Mobile Browser:
Master Gardener Calendar
UC Master Gardeners Napa County
1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4
Napa, CA 94559-1315
Phone: (707) 253-4143
COVID-19 - Master Gardeners are doing various program venues, including by zoom, outdoors and indoors in-person. For indoor events masks are recommended for everyone and required for non-vaccinated people.
Weekly Newspaper Article
One of my neighbors, David Graves, is a partner in the Carneros winery Saintsbury. It's a small but thriving enterprise and very attractive because of its garden, making it a pleasant place to...
Napa Valley has a unique plant growing along its waterways, especially along the Napa River. It is Dutchman's pipevine (Aristolochia californica) and it is native to California. This plant, one...
Every year I have a different favorite plant. Last year it was brugmansia, the year before that monarda, but this year--which has already had a couple of scorching days--it is the oakleaf...
When I first moved to Napa Valley many years ago, olive trees were everywhere, both on the hillsides and in the valley. There was a large grove high on a hill on Silverado Trail, but over the years...
The Las Flores Learning Garden Grand Opening: planting seeds of knowledge, cultivating a passion for gardening.
Get ready for a day of viewing beautiful new gardens, hands-on learning and fun-filled activities for the entire family, plus expert gardening advice. Join the UC Master Gardeners of Napa County on...
I love salads. A salad with my dinner is almost as essential as a glass of wine. When most of us think of a green salad we think of lettuce. Lettuce has been cultivated for thousands of...