The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
For Site Navigation Please Use our New Menu Bar!
Master Gardener Calendar
|Cancelled - Holiday Decorating with Plants - American Canyon||12/11/2019|
|An Apple a Day - Napa County Library FREE talk||1/2/2020|
|Rose Pruning - Napa||1/11/2020|
|Citrus: Preserve It; Serve It - Napa||1/16/2020|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Many years ago, I spent a memorable Mother's Day weekend at a lovely bed and breakfast just outside of...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County If you've ever bought gardening items from a catalog or website, odds are that you are starting to receive seed catalogs for 2020....
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County When I first moved to Napa 14 years ago, autumn rains arrived fairly reliably around the middle of October. As we are all painfully aware...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County After you have been gardening a while, you may want to branch out and try growing more unusual plants. Being successful with less common...
by Denise Seghesio Levine, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County In other parts of the country, people focus on inside tasks in November. Garden tools are already oiled and...