UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets and special events through talks and demonstrations to local groups.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Choosing the Right Plants||9/26/2018|
|Guided Tree Walk - Napa||10/1/2018|
|Not Just a Hill of Beans - Napa County Library||10/4/2018|
|Fall Native Plant Sale - Napa||10/6/2018|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added September 17, 2018
By Corinne Yoshihara This article is a summary of a seminar conducted by Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County. on gardening in an age of climate change. Greenhouse gases...
Added September 16, 2018
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Something has changed. When I was growing up and for many years afterward, a plate of greens was always, well,...
Added September 14, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Our summer edible gardens will soon be winding down, ready to be replaced by the winter crops. If you are not ready to let go of a...
Added August 24, 2018
The Persephone Period By Helen Dake, UC Master Gardener of Napa County For years, my husband and I grew successful summer gardens. We were so successful that for a while we set up an...
Added August 13, 2018
by Penny Pawl, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County A couple of years ago, someone gave me a strawberry plant. I had never grown strawberries as I thought it was difficult. However, I was surprised...
Added August 10, 2018
By T. Eric Nightingale,. UC Master Gardener of Napa County Most people are familiar with proteas, the shrubs with exotic blossoms that are often the focal point of a bouquet. Proteas are...
Added July 22, 2018
By Iris Craig, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County When I asked a friend how her garden was doing, she told me that the day after...