Viticulture Farm AdvisorCooperative Extension Fresno County
550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Viticulture & Enology
M.S. Horticulture, Michigan State University. 2012
B.S. Viticulture and Enology, China Agricultural University. 2009
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Fruit Crops - General
- Grapes - General
- Raisin Grapes
- Table Grapes
- Wine Grapes
- Grapes - Other
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Production
- Plant Biological Efficiency and Abiotic Stresses Affecting Plants
- Plant Product Quality and Utility (Preharvest)
- Plant Management Systems
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Weeds Affecting Plants
- New and Improved Food Processing Technologies
- New and Improved Food Products
- Quality Maintenance in Storing and Marketing Food Products
- Home and Commercial Food Service
- Home Food Production
- Nutrient Composition of Food
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Management of Saline and Sodic Soils and Salinity
- Nouri, Mohamed; Zhuang, George; Culumber, Mae; Trouillas, Florent (2018). First Report of Macrophomina phaseolina Causing Trunk and Codon Canker Disease of Grapevine in the United States. Plant Disease.
- Sabbatini, Paolo; Zhuang, Shijian; Frioni, Tommaso; Palliotti, Alberto; Sivilotti, Paolo; Falchi, Rachele (2017). Canopy management efficiencies are highly modulated by the climate conditions. Wine and Viticulture Journal.
- Frioni, Tommaso; Green, Alan; Emling, Jake; Zhuang, Shijian; Palliotti, Alberto; Sivilotti, Paolo; Falchi, Rachele (2017). Impact of spring freeze on yield, vine performance and fruit quality of Vitis interspecific hybrid Marquette. Scientia Horticulturae.
- Frioni, Tommaso; Zhuang, Shijian; Palliotti, Alberto; Sivilotti, Paolo; Falchi, Rachele; Sabbatini, Paolo (2017). Leaf Removal and Cluster Thinning Efficiencies Are Highly Modulated by Environmental Conditions in Cool Climate Viticulture. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture.
- Martinez-Luscher, Johann; Brillante, Luca; Nelson, Clinton; Al-Kereamy, Ashraf; Zhuang, Shijian; Kurtural, Kaan (2017). Precipitation before bud break and irrigation affect the response of grapevine ‘Zinfandel’ yields and berry skin phenolic composition to training systems. Scientia Horticulturae.
- Sanchez, Luis; Sam, Brent; Zhuang, Shijian; Troxell, Erin; Klein, Levente; Alsina, Maria Mar; Hinds, Nigel; Hamann, Hendrik; Claassen, Alan; Lew, David; Dokoozilian, Nick (2015). Variable Rate Irrigation Approach for a Sustainable Vineyard of the Future in California. Publications et Actualités Vitivinicoles (PAV) of the GiESCO.
- Zhuang, Shijian; Tozzini, Letizia; Green, Alan; Acimovic, Dana; Howell, Stan; Castellarin, Simone; Sabbatini, Paolo (2014). Impact of Cluster Thinning and Basal Leaf Removal on Fruit Quality of Cabernet Franc (Vitis vinifera L.) Grapevines Grown in Cool Climate Conditions. HortScience. 750-756.