Urban Agriculture/Food Systems Advisor, Santa Clara & San Mateo CountiesUCCE Santa Clara County
1553 Berger Drive, Bldg. 1
San Jose, CA 95112
San Mateo-San Francisco Counties
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Community Food Security
- Food System Assessments/Policy
- Urban Agriculture/Local and Regional Food Systems
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Robinson, C.N.; Baker, G. A.; Harwood, M.J.; Diekmann, L.O. (2020). Food expenditures and consumption by food bank clients in Silicon Valley. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. 1-14.
- Egerer, M.; B.B., Lin; Diekmann, L (2020). Nature connection, experience and policy encourage and maintain adaptation to drought in urban agriculture. Environmental Research Communications. 2:4, 1-13.
- Diekmann, Lucy; Gray, Leslie; and Baker, Gregory (2018). Growing 'good food': urban gardens, culturally acceptable produce and food security. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems.
- Diekmann, Lucy; Gray, Leslie; and Baker, Gregory (2017). Drought, water access, and urban agriculture: a case study from Silicon Valley. Local Environment. 22:11, 1394-1410.
- Diekmann, L.; Bennaton, R.; Schweiger, J.; C., and Smith (2017). Involving Extension in urban food systems: an example from California. Journal of Human Sciences and Extension. 5:2, 70-90.
- Algert, S.; Diekmann, L.; Gray, L.; and Renvall, M. (2016). Community and home gardens increase vegetable intake and food security of residents in San Jose, CA. California Agriculture. 70:2, 77-82.
- Algert, S.; Baameur, A.; Diekmann, L.; Gray, L.; and Ortiz, D. (2016). Vegetable output, cost savings, and nutritional value of low income families' home gardens in San Jose, CA. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition. 11:3, 328-336.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Agriculture and Nature Tourism - Member
- Small Farm - Member
- Urban Agriculture - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member